Mazdaspeed Development's Racing Support Program

spacemonkey

:
Mazdaslow
Is this a cleaver scheme to get us to sign up and void our warrenty?

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Home?storeId=10001&langId=-1

You know I hate going to every car/race event and Seeing MAzdaspeed Motorsport Development being a big sponsor. Mazdaspeed banners everywhere...Mazdaspeed...blah blah blah. I keep reading that they sponsor and endorse people who race Mazda but I am so dissapointed in the support for our cars. WTF no upgrades and crappy/picky warrenty. I should have done more research when I bought this car...dont get me wrong I still love it. I just dont see why they set up Mazdaspeed if they are going to be so bad in supporting everyday average ole joe who likes to push his car once in awhile. I love this car to death but tired of reading the stupid flaws in the car...and now Im reading the SCC article where they disect the SRT-4 motor...thats an amazing 4 banger.

I just hate how MAzdapseed is trying to sell an image of being the group that support amatuer and pro racing when they dont release s*** our support our cars. I hope MAzdaspeed North America can learn a thing or 2 from Dodge and Mopar. They are truely setting this industry and leaving others behind in the tuner's car world. TRD/Scion and Nismo are catching up...I hope they are noticing and reading this.

HELP US MAZDASPEED!

im gonna send a letter to MAzda and Mazdaspeed as much as I can...everyday if I have to. Explaining my concerns and voicing my opinions...I figured if we jam them with emails, the will truely do something. Persistence is the key....they said the desginers are hardcore tuners and race fans...I dont really see it in this car (except for the handeling).

Last edited:
<TABLE class=tableborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR background="../../aqua%20and%20soap/tile_back.gif"><TD class=maintitle width="100%">DISCLAIMER</TD><TD align=right>
cat_right.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD class=shadowL width=13>
left_shadow.gif
</TD><TD class=post1 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" align=left>Mazda Competition and stock parts are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed. Purchaser acknowledges that no representations have been made to him regarding these parts, including but not limited to any representations as to their quality or performance, and that he (or she) shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair or replacement of any defect in or failure of these parts. Purchaser acknowledges that installation of these parts may cause his (or her) vehicle be unable to be lawfully used on public highways, and assumes al risks and expenses thereof. All suggested modifications and recommendations are intended solely for use on vehicles participating in off-highway competition events. Purchaser acknowledges that all Mazda vehicle warranties are voided if the vehicle is used in any Competition events. The purchaser accepts all responsibility for modifications to said vehicle(s) and all potential risks.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

damn it !!!

update...I still think this is used to void warrenties. They ask for all your mods and proof of results from a race event. They also ask when you plan to race or build up your car. oh well...I think you get discounts off Mazdaspeed parts.

Dodge just released there "stage 2" kit for the srt-4........along with it comes a non-street legal tag and a little letter saying buh bye to the warrenty.

of course it is 280 h and 300ft/lbs torque.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Dodge just released there "stage 2" kit for the srt-4........along with it comes a non-street legal tag and a little letter saying buh bye to the warrenty.

of course it is 280 h and 300ft/lbs torque.
I thought Dodge/mopar did an endurence test for the stage 2...somethign like 70,000 miles. Its just from what I heard in the SRT-4 chatter group (my friends). My friend in boca pre ordered stage 2 so well know if he voided his warrenty or not...but sofar everything is covered.

Last edited:
So what your saying is you shouldnt sign up for this before you hit 20,000 miles...or whatever the warranty is?

You know I would have bought a SRT, if the quality wasnt so typical american car p.o.s.! Plastic everywhere..., and the engine bay was a cheap-o looking nightmare. As much as I hate the hesitation, clunk, and non-leather seats. I have piece of mind knowing that my car wasnt put together in a tupperware plant.

Heh, yea a lot of drivers who race Mazdas w/ that programs don't care about warranties. Infact most of the cars are too old for them. It's very hard to be an active member of that group and win contingencies because you have to track race, not just autoX to get anywhere. Its an awesome program though and I'm sure by the time some serious racers get their hands on the MSP, there will be parts available.

Mazdaspeed isn't slacking anymore than TRD, Nismo, FP, A-Spec etc. Would you produce parts for a poorly tuned engine? There are too many owners that don't know how to properly modify the car with the factory tune, the last thing MS and MazdaUSA need to do is hand out warrantied parts that'll turn into grenades.

The info. on the srt-4 is according to my father (parts manager @ dodge dealership).....but alas he is quite old.

the thing is that MS Motorsports ISN'T designed for the person who like to take corners fast on the street, or maybe go to an autoX every once in a while when the weather is nice and the planets align correctly. you're right - for those people, it pretty much sucks.

it's a hard-core site supplying parts for hard core racers running mazda vehicles. hence the availability of things like lexan windows and WC gears, but no BOMZ mufflers and Weapon-R cold air intakes. i would love to see MSM stock more "streetable" parts. but that's not their business...there are plenty of other places to get things like Illuminas and slotted brake rotors.

mopar sells street parts. mazdaspeed sells race parts.

generally those racers are running older, dedicated track vehicles whose warranties have long expired. i'm not sure mazda is going to revoke a warranty b/c someone autoXed their protege...but then again, they might follow subaru's lead and do just that. hell, subaru even gave WRX buyers a free scca membership, then voided their warranties for autoXing their cars.

Well not Mazdaspeed Motorsports...I know that s for competition

Im talking about MAzdaspeed in General! Not there race division...

ok, gotcha. i was going by the link you posted.

i agree...it would be nice if mazda would release more mazdaspeed parts. :)

Back