• Mazdaspeed Protege

Votes: 66 55.0%
  • Mazdaspeed Miata

Votes: 54 45.0%

• Total voters

nickbachman

:
03 MSP Black Mica
just wondering what people's opinions on this issue are. i personally would choose my MSP over an MSM because it has performance that is quite comparable to that of the MSM, and i can haul more than one passenger around with me if need be.

jersey_emt said:
I'll take one of each thank you very much!
actually thought about it before getting my msp... Went with msp cuz of the price. for 26k i'd get a wrx

jersey_emt said:
I'll take one of each thank you very much!

(stupid)

In fact, I almost bought an MSM to go with my MSP last week... But the wife and I decided to wait until she finishes her Doctorate...

MazdaNeal said:
for 26k id get a used s2k, and still be able to outhandle, and outperform the ms miata.

Do they not put as good a suspension on the MSM as the MSP? My MSP's suspension makes that of the S2000 a ******* joke! .93 G's on the skid pad and a slalom speed faster than all but a few production cars in the world under $100,000 dollars. The only ones I can think of off hand are the Vette,Viper, and that bastard child EVO! (fight) Our MSP's even out slalomed the mighty STI! (first)

MS Miata?
Too small, too cramped, convertible doesn't appeal to me with our weather ( I don't like them anyways really, only thing I like topless are women) too expensive for a 170+hp car with two seats.

I do like it, just not for me.

MSP all the way...much more practical, plus, I'm not a fan of the roadster look....not for me, I still love the cars, just not a car for me....I thought our car outhandled the EVO, or wait, it just edged us out right???by only like 1mph or something small like that right?

miata...i don't care about how impractical the car is. it's made for fun ! and it's practical if your lifestyle doesn't revolve around moving large objects or carrying more than 1 extra person. MSM will come out on top in the 1/4 stock i think.

I gotta say the msm, but i'll probably just add a turbo to my es and be happy for the time being.... either one kicks the hell out of hondas though!

nickbachman said:
actually i didnt go into this thread with a stats comparison question, like in that thread. thanks for trying to make me feel dumb though, i appreciate it. (thumb)
Dude, all I did was post a related link. If I wanted to make you feel dumb, I would have said something like "It's called a search you (insert insult here), USE IT." So much for trying to be helpful. (hand)

the MSM still weights 2800 lbs.... our car weights 2800 lbs... both has 170 hp and around 170 ft-lb torque. The MSM's 0-60 is in the mid 6 range... So how does that car own our car...

MSM curb weight is 2540lbs...300 less than what you post. MSM has 178bhp...again, nearly 10 more than what you post. Know your facts.

Miata will out-drag and out-handle the Protege, and out-handle just about anything else on the road...and is still cheaper than an S2000...even the new 2.2L.

B.L. Zebop said:
MSM curb weight is 2540lbs...300 less than what you post. MSM has 178bhp...again, nearly 10 more than what you post. Know your facts.

Miata will out-drag and out-handle the Protege, and out-handle just about anything else on the road...and is still cheaper than an S2000...even the new 2.2L.
2540 is the empty weight no fuel and no passenager... My msp is 2860 with me in it and full tank... and as i read up on the fact, i change my 0-60 time.

read
http://www.modernracer.com/mazdaspeedmiata.html
0-60 time... 6.9 edmunds had 6.5 but blow up the tranny on the third launch
and skid pad at .90

now explain to me again how the hell it will out handle the msp?

and u sure u got ur facts right???? u know i am talking about mazdaspeed prtoege right...

and u can't compare the msm to 2.2L s2k the s2k blows the msm away on all test i've seen... then again its more expensive too so...

Last edited:
Back