Thread: Turbo Install: fuel rail/fuel return/fmu

Original Member
    Donated: $70

2016 MX-5 Club, Ceramic

Turbo Install: fuel rail/fuel return/fmu

can someone show me a DETAILED pic(s) of the install or what i need to do with the stock fuel lines when hooking up a fmu? i have the flyin protege directions which im looking at in a minute, but i was hoping more for someone that had stock lines but knew what to do, etc....im kinda stumped, the two fuel lines run right next to each other and im not sure which one goes to the gas tank and how to really disconnect and use the fuel rail thing, because the pics are hard to see on my laptop and also the spool directions are the best thing since nothing.
    Ceramic 6MT ND Club - 17x8 Advanti Storms/RSR Coilovers/CorkSport F&RSB/GWR midpipe & SuperQ/OFT header & tablet - Pics on IG @Matth3wAJ

264 chipmunks at 12 psi Little Beavis's Avatar

2001 MP3-T (#911)

Don't you have the directions I sent you a while back?

Follow the IN and OUT on the fuel rail. "IN" is on the driver's side and "OUT" is after the FPR.

You go Tank > IN >FPR > FMU > Tank.

If you want to put in a fuel pressure gauge put it in before the rail.

The FMU has the rail connected to the side fitting and the tank connected to the bottom fitting. It is pretty clear in the instructions.
    Magnaflow and Type S

Mods: All the forged goodies, P&P head with comp valve job, P&P MSP exhaust manifold, T25 w/ 28RS wheel, CS PS downpipe/J-pipe/exhaust, KM FMIC w/ Greddy Type S, Quaife LSD, ACT organic clutch and PP, Mazdaspeed flywheel, CS SS clutch line, P&P intake - 2 injectors/runner, outlaw engineering intake spacers, EBC Sport rotors and red pads, NSN motor mounts, Mazdaspeed #3 mount (and NSN modification), Mazdaspeed Oil Cooler, Microtech LT-10s, J&S Safeguard with custom knock display, Greddy Profec B Spec II, 4 Greddy 52 mm electric gauges (boost, egt, fuel pressure, and oil pressure), custom SS mp3 console gauge pod, custom SS MP3 turbo heat shield, Injen CAI, Alpine 9815, MB Quartz in all corners, RF Power amps, cruise control, power moonroof and 20% tint all around.

Original Member

2016 MX-5 Club, Ceramic

i disagree. i dont think they are that clear at all for someone that is oblivious to this shit. the directions (or should i say random pictures with captions, since they arent really "directions") have ALL pictures with the FMU installed. what im asking for is a pic to see what fuel line i cut going to the gas tank..and how i disconnect and what i plug into the side of the FMU from the fuel rail.

in the picture on the second set of instructions it shows the braided line connected to the fuel rail on top of the manifold and the stock line next to it...does that braided line run straight to the FMU? and the lines run RIGHT next to each other on the way to some connection, so im assuming the line on the right when looking from the front of the car is going to the gas tank?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Original Member

2016 MX-5 Club, Ceramic

ill be leaving shortly to go to the install site without access here if you want to call me and i can call you back on my phone with free long distance, that would be cool. im just a bit confused and this is the part im most nervous about, since i could damage the FMU (when it gets here jamie :mad: jk) if i fuck something up.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

12psi Protege5

this helps?

Just to help some
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mods: Oliver Long Rods | CP 8.5:1 Pistons | Microtech LT10S | J&S Knock SafeGuard | HKS Intercooler Meter | Prosport Boost, EGT, OilPress Gauges | MSD RPM Switch w/ shiftlite | Car PC w/ OBDII scan ...etc

12psi Protege5

Stock fuel return line may be used, but you will have to cut it, which I dont recomend doing this, you never know if you want to sreturn to stock, you will need to buy one.

Just replace the entire return line.

Original Member

2016 MX-5 Club, Ceramic

thanks! i may have a few more questions but ill have to get back to you.

264 chipmunks at 12 psi Little Beavis's Avatar

2001 MP3-T (#911)

Got it licked yet?

Igdrasil's pictures of what I was saying should have put you over the top.