Turbo Install: fuel rail/fuel return/fmu

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
can someone show me a DETAILED pic(s) of the install or what i need to do with the stock fuel lines when hooking up a fmu? i have the flyin protege directions which im looking at in a minute, but i was hoping more for someone that had stock lines but knew what to do, etc....im kinda stumped, the two fuel lines run right next to each other and im not sure which one goes to the gas tank and how to really disconnect and use the fuel rail thing, because the pics are hard to see on my laptop and also the spool directions are the best thing since nothing.

Don't you have the directions I sent you a while back?

Follow the IN and OUT on the fuel rail. "IN" is on the driver's side and "OUT" is after the FPR.

You go Tank > IN >FPR > FMU > Tank.

If you want to put in a fuel pressure gauge put it in before the rail.

The FMU has the rail connected to the side fitting and the tank connected to the bottom fitting. It is pretty clear in the instructions.

i disagree. i dont think they are that clear at all for someone that is oblivious to this s***. the directions (or should i say random pictures with captions, since they arent really "directions") have ALL pictures with the FMU installed. what im asking for is a pic to see what fuel line i cut going to the gas tank..and how i disconnect and what i plug into the side of the FMU from the fuel rail.

in the picture on the second set of instructions it shows the braided line connected to the fuel rail on top of the manifold and the stock line next to it...does that braided line run straight to the FMU? and the lines run RIGHT next to each other on the way to some connection, so im assuming the line on the right when looking from the front of the car is going to the gas tank?

ill be leaving shortly to go to the install site without access here if you want to call me and i can call you back on my phone with free long distance, that would be cool. im just a bit confused and this is the part im most nervous about, since i could damage the FMU (when it gets here jamie :mad: jk) if i **** something up.

this helps?

Just to help some

Attachments

• fmusetup.jpg
    fmusetup.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 269
Stock fuel return line may be used, but you will have to cut it, which I dont recomend doing this, you never know if you want to sreturn to stock, you will need to buy one.

Just replace the entire return line.

Back