Tire Pressure Sensor Location

Sethlan

:
'04 Mazda 3 GT
From reading the manual, it states that each tire has a sensor built on it. Has anybody been able to locate this?

And can anyone post a picture of it? (I am trying to determine if my car has it or not)

The dealership said they have been unable to trigger the alarm on the dash by letting out air in the tires.

(I am wondering if they removed the sensor when they put the 17" rims on)

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System is not available on Canadian models - hence you definitely don't have it (the manual includes descriptions for many things that may not be available on Canadian-spec vehicles).

Anyway, if you did have them I believe they would be part of the valve stem, so they'd sit inside the tire at the other end of the valve stem. You can buy those for your car separatedly if you want

They removed my TPMS as well with the install of my new wheels. I kept them though and can post/send pics if anyone's interested.

One easy way to tell, is there should be a large amount of wheel weights opposite (or near opposite) of the valve stem. These are there to offset the weight of the sensor. Each of my wheels have around 10 weights on them.

Ok well thank you for the info. I guess I dont have them then :(

Just means I will have to check the pressure from time to time.

Back