Need to vent.

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Ok, so i get this soldier about 1 1/2 months ago as a private. i give him ten free days of leave (paid vacation) to move his family (pregnant wife and 2yr old son) from pittsburgh, pa.

the week he gets back we had a 4 day weekend. he gets trashed on monday night of the following week (the end of the 4 day weekend) and just doesnt show up for PT at 6am or first formation at 845am. this is a BIG no-no in the ARmy. its not like the civilian world, where you can be 1-5 minutes late everyday (most jobs)...in the army, you need to be 15min prior to whatever time is put out.

so me and the other sergeant in my section drive out to his house, to find him in civilian clothes, just waking up, with a full beard and hungover. he decided that since he was hungover he just wasnt going to show up for work and not call anyone.

the next day he fails his PT test and is put on special population PT (extra workout after workday and on weekends until you can pass the PT test). the day after, he is supposed to report to special pop PT at 1600...instead he decides to just never show up and never tell his wife where he is going.

we find him the next day, coked up and whored up at a sleazy motel, and he had given his car away to some crackhead. so we took him in and gave him a piss test (tested positive for coke) and initiated his Article 15 (punishment).

he swears to improve and give him a second chance and we enroll him in ASAP (army substance abuse program, kinda like NA). two days later he goes AWOL and decides to leave his wife and kid at the house with no car, he stole all her stuff to pawn for drugs/alcohol, stole her ATM card, stole her checks, and leaves her with bills and her water bill gets shut off and she has no way to buy food.

today she decided she wanted to leave his piece of s*** ass and so we drove all the way out there to pick her and her kid up, and bring her in to get the info she needed, and found out he was in the house while we left. so we called the cops and they brought his ass to the county jail where they took him to the MP station on post, where we had to pick his stupid ass up.

then here is the kicker - when he is standing in my office, i asked him what the **** was he thinking and he said he made a mistake but really puts his wife and kid before himself (jerkit).

i got so pissed after like 15 hours of work and back and forth in the car and wasting my man power to babysit his ass, i went off. he stood at the position of attention for the next 4 hours while we did what we had to do to start his court martial paperwork.

then i took a knife and cut off his rank, unit patch, american flag, name, and "us army" tag on his uniform and told him he was a piece of s*** and a nobody, and from now on he would be known as "shitbag" and was not to say a word to anyone unless spoken to.

ARGH...what a bad day.

Latest posts

Back