Profec B Spec II Settings Library

what white plug lol. my car spikes like 2psi atleast. really annoying. i cant tune this crap

set your start gain a lot lower, no need to have it really high, and when it gets colder out, it will spike anyways unless you re-tune it (or just lower the settings in general) you should just set the start gain a few numbers lower than when you start to spike just to prevent future spiking somewhat.

set your start gain a lot lower, no need to have it really high, and when it gets colder out, it will spike anyways unless you re-tune it (or just lower the settings in general) you should just set the start gain a few numbers lower than when you start to spike just to prevent future spiking somewhat.

thanks. ill give it a try. its really easy to just give up on these things lol

ya I took a while to get it close, but it just changes when ever the temp. changes, so I just got it relatively stable and if it boosts a little lower than what I want, oh well, but it's better than spiking and having the limited bring it down all the time, than it's just all over the place.

I've got freaking big spikes. I want to boost 9.5 psi but I have 13.4 psi spikes !!!
WTF? I set all the value to 25 (gain, set and set gain)
I also have all supportings mods to run 9.5 psi so which one should i turn down?

ok, if you all are spiking you need to ceck your start boost setting, which will be "set gain", this is in PSI NOT percent like gain and set boost. the start boost setting is when the EBC will start to open the wastegate. that means, it activates the solenoid so the WGA sees the boost signal. without a boost signal it'll stay closed. normally the WG will start to crack open at only a couple PSI and open more as boost increases. this is bad for response, but helps keep spiking to a miimum . so, setting the start boost setting closer to your target PSI will increase response by delaying the opening of the WG, but you may spike dependig on where you set it.

i advise everyone with the stock gt25 to set their start boost all the way down and either leave it there or slowly increase it until you can balance response and spikes. small ass turbos spools very quick, so you really don't need to help response by increasing the set gain. me on the other hand, i hve my target boost at about 13 psi, so i am able to set my start boost at 10psi and get a very quick 1-2psi spike.

yea, it's really just a crap load of fine tuning for your environment (weather/temp ect...) I have one set to about 8-9psi, and the other set to around 10psi, but I think I might just keep it around 8.5-9psi as the low when it is cooler outside and the high setting to 9psi when it's warm out during the day, because the temp changes screw with the psi a good amount

Back