AWR rear TTL kit and drum to disc conversion

biknman

:
99 1.6T Protege
Here some pic of AWR rear TTL kit and rear drum to disc conversion on a 99 Protege also a AWR 21mm sway bar and end links. Sturts are Mazdaspeed adjustables with GC coilover kit. Tons of more pics in my album link in my sig.

f948803a.jpg

f9488025.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of red 'x'...

Maybe a work related problem. Will look at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
biknman said:
Here some pic of AWR rear TTL kit and rear drum to disc conversion on a 99 Protege also a AWR 21mm sway bar and end links. Sturts are Mazdaspeed adjustables with GC coilover kit. Tons of more pics in my album link in my sig.
How much for the conversion?? how big are the rotors? Sweet.

StuttersC said:
A bunch of red 'x'...

Maybe a work related problem. Will look at home.
Sorry, Don't know why the pic will not show up I edited and re-post the pics they worked fine last night then this morning a no go. Right click them get the url from properties cut past to new IE window address bar and you can see them. Or click link in my signature.

lookin great dave! how long did the brake conversion end up taking to complete?

dialup said:
How much for the conversion?? how big are the rotors? Sweet.
Price is hard to work out. I got the braket for the caliper and the hats for the rotos from Tony (AWR) and with his specs got Wilwood calipers and rotors from my sponsors and made my own custom SS brake lines. But a good estimate would be 250$ each caliper Tony's brakets where I think $150, hats where like $150 each, rotors where $90 each, hardware was $60 and ss lines around $60. E-mail Tony at AWR and he can hook uyou up on the whole deal. Expect to buy as much as you would with any rear drum to disc kit around 1K. NOTE with AWR parts, Tony's stuff is for the true race oriented person so you must know what you are doing when get stuff from him no facny directions, some modifaction to things might have to happen for an exact fit. But that is what keeps the cost down also so just be aware he gets in in the palying field and you got to make it work from there.

derrick1623 said:
lookin great dave! how long did the brake conversion end up taking to complete?
Well since we completely removed the entire stock brake systems and re-did it all it took about three months working on it about a full weekend a month. There is not one piece of the stock braking system left in the car except for the wiring for the rear brake light and the e-brake handle and parts of its cable.

Here a pic of the Willwood dual peadal assembly

f9b001a5.jpg

Here a picture of the front and rear Willwood master cyclinders

fa10fe26.jpg

Here is a pic of the reservoirs for front and rear brakes and the big blue knob on console is for brake bias control

f9488068.jpg

derrick1623 said:
does dual pedal mean two brake pedals...(wow)
No means its a clutch and brake pedal assemembly: http://www.wilwood.com/products/pedal_assem/dual/index.asp

pic.jpg

Forward Swing Mount Triple Master Cylinder Pedal - Aluminum: This pedal assembly operates the brakes and the clutch together in one unit and positions the master cylinders outside the firewall. It features all aluminum frame and arm construction with steel pivots, mounting studs and anti-skid pedal pads. Wilwood's clevis and pivot pin balance bar provide smooth and accurate settings of the brake pedal bias. It can be set and locked down with the jam nut, or attached to a remote cable for quick on-track adjustments.

At home, most of the pics show up. And I'm not a member of Imgae station, so I'm out there.

But things look good.

StuttersC said:
At home, most of the pics show up. And I'm not a member of Imgae station, so I'm out there.

But things look good.
Ya weird I've tried view my own post on a few differnt computers today and some times the images show and somtime you have to right click the x then click show picture to see the image.

biknman said:
Ya weird I've tried view my own post on a few differnt computers today and some times the images show and somtime you have to right click the x then click show picture to see the image.
Yep...

So where are you racing your car?

Back