mp3 1/4 time

see i'm not going against 1st gens..The only n/a times i care about are other 2.0L 3rd gens..I mean if your 1st gen is scootin..sweet deal mang..but it's my personal mission to be the fastest n/a 3rd gen...eventually..and if i do lose..i'll just hop on the bike and seeeee yaaaaa...

Gut yer cars of EVERYTHING even shift knobs.... And then go on the Holywood diet and ty to lose 50 lbs... You'll gain teh weight advantage. :)

LOL...you guys are jokes...

Isn't it sad that the fastest all-motor Proteges are only in the mid 15s though?

That's actually one of the reasons I wanted to do it. Nobody goes the NA route in the Protege....My goal is to seriously be the fastest all-motor Protege in North America, and there'll be a point in time when this car is going to be a dedicated drag car. 13s is the goal.

3rd gens are at a disadvantage, having less power to begin with, and weighing more. MP3skater...Darren from clubprotege was running 15.8, and I'm sure at one point in time, someone had a Protege going faster than 15.7, but there's no real way to know...

It's not like my goal is 15.7, it's just a step along the way. I'll be at 15.4 or better by next month....14s by the end of the year...

smp3000 said:
Gut yer cars of EVERYTHING even shift knobs.... And then go on the Holywood diet and ty to lose 50 lbs... You'll gain teh weight advantage. :)
You see, this is where I have a disadvantage. I weigh 300lbs, so it's a good thing my car is lighter.....that's me waxin my ride....

Attachments

• DSCF0468.JPG
    DSCF0468.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 201
Gen1GT said:
LOL...you guys are jokes...

Isn't it sad that the fastest all-motor Proteges are only in the mid 15s though?

That's actually one of the reasons I wanted to do it. Nobody goes the NA route in the Protege....My goal is to seriously be the fastest all-motor Protege in North America, and there'll be a point in time when this car is going to be a dedicated drag car. 13s is the goal.

3rd gens are at a disadvantage, having less power to begin with, and weighing more. MP3skater...Darren from clubprotege was running 15.8, and I'm sure at one point in time, someone had a Protege going faster than 15.7, but there's no real way to know...

It's not like my goal is 15.7, it's just a step along the way. I'll be at 15.4 or better by next month....14s by the end of the year...
There's a reason people aren't doing NA Proteges. I'm not sure what overwhelming pride there is that's worth talking about in EVERY na thread on the board. If you want to drop a few tenths then get some slicks

Glowspeedp5 said:
LOL 15.8@83mph Header w/midpipe highflow cat, MP3 reflash and custom intake oh and LSD.....
OMG the north american protege ranks are torn! Damn you!!! (outie)

at the end of the day..N/A proteges are slow..the end..whether your the fastest, the slowest..your still getting beat by Civics.

You can make a 13s protege...it just needs dedication.
DO YOU REALLY THINK A 13second N/A Honda is a piece of cake...

My friends CivicSI has thousands of dollar on it....best ET is 14.6, all interiors. He will swap engine this weekend....we will see.

igdrasil said:
You can make a 13s protege...it just needs dedication.
DO YOU REALLY THINK A 13second N/A Honda is a piece of cake...

My friends CivicSI has thousands of dollar on it....best ET is 14.6, all interiors. He will swap engine this weekend....we will see.
A decent B20/vtec motor and some slicks should be high 13's....

It was hot and humid too....
I cannot wait to install these cams from Sunbelt performance.
Also cam gears than we will see.
With stock ECU 14.6 can be done....After that I will need stand alone....

On dyno I stayed the same with engine mounts by at the track I went from 16.1 to 16.0 then rear mount drop me down to 15.8 does not make sense but I will take it......

14.6 n/a in a 3rd gen requires a bit more than you think mang..i'm at 15.5-15.7 right now..and thats with full interior on potenza 15's..if i gut my interior completely out..get some 15" gram lts w/ proxy rubber and lose somewhere about 100lbs myself i should be at a low-ish 15...wow..15 ******* seconds..woop de do..about a year ago we saw a n/a eg6 hatch run 12's n/a..about 20k sunk into that ******* thing..quick as hell..worth it? no..n/a works well when you have the displacement to back it up..a 2.0L is tricky buisness..look how fast tri-points run..2.2L proteges..they probably run a mid-high 14 second pass..but they shred the track..proteges don't really make great drag cars...way beyond any comprehensible meaning of this cars purpose..MSP = track car..(wrc)

Last edited:
What does tripoint do for their oil system, btw? So they don't spin bearings?

How much were the sunbelt cams?
specs?

What I'm doing isn't about just being the fastest: I'm a dedicated all-motor nut. I love everything about Natural Aspiration, the sound, the revs, the feeling, the mystery. I'm doing it because it's hard, not because it's easy. I'm doing it because no-one else does; there's like what? 4 or 5 of us that are really serious about it? If I wanted to, I could have a 300whp daily driver with my car for half the money I'm going to spend on my balanced and blueprinted engine.

I don't like the comparisons to Hondas either. Hondas are awesome engines, and guys are putting them in 1900lb cars. Drop and H22 in a 92 Civic and you've got 13s right there. Where's the ingenuity? Where's the challenge? Tell someone you're making 50% more power in your car...all motor..now that means something.

Besides, I'm a car nut, and I love working on my car.

Gen1GT said:
What I'm doing isn't about just being the fastest: I'm a dedicated all-motor nut. I love everything about Natural Aspiration, the sound, the revs, the feeling, the mystery. I'm doing it because it's hard, not because it's easy. I'm doing it because no-one else does; there's like what? 4 or 5 of us that are really serious about it? If I wanted to, I could have a 300whp daily driver with my car for half the money I'm going to spend on my balanced and blueprinted engine.

I don't like the comparisons to Hondas either. Hondas are awesome engines, and guys are putting them in 1900lb cars. Drop and H22 in a 92 Civic and you've got 13s right there. Where's the ingenuity? Where's the challenge? Tell someone you're making 50% more power in your car...all motor..now that means something.

Besides, I'm a car nut, and I love working on my car.
NIce dude..you are a badass...we need more people like you, you got game

Back