which freakin shifter?!?!

nucci

:
Mazda MP3
guys i need help...i have been debating this for like a month now and i finally have some money so i want to get the best possible...i am having serious trouble deciding on a new shifter...it is either b&m, kartboy, or twm...im leaning towards b&m but i am hearing great thigns about kartboy...twm sounds good too but i dont like how it's going to make the stick a lot shorter...can anyone please just help me make my damn mind!!!!

alot of people get the kartboy bushings and use them with other shifters ive heard. the bushings make the link feel alot crisper ive been told. personaly im planning on getting the katboy shifter/ bushing /knob combo when the time comes simply b/c its a great price for all you get as well as being a good if not great product. its simply the most cost affective imo.

I love my Kartboy. I haven't installed the bushings even, and the stick is perfect height for me. I have a Sparco knob on there right now because i like the shape more than the kartboy one, and it doesn't get as hot as the kartboy one in the summer. The thorw is a ton shorter than stock but not too short. My .02 when it comes to shifters...

I have had the kartboy for about 2years now. No complaints.

I do want a free shirt though :)

sorry threadjack, but kinda relates to it..im having squeaks coming from the fulcrum of the ss, paul or anyone, did you add any lubes other than the lube on the stock shifter?

I applied some Lithium or Silicon grease to the fulcrum ball area when putting it back together. I think there is a how to: that tells you which kind of grease to use.

I have no complaints about the kartboy shifter or bushings. I enjoyed the candy that came with it too!!

aright guys you are all a big help but im not sold yet...does anyone else have any info on the b&m?

I loooove my kkartboy. My buddy has a B&M in his civic and I know its not the same, but I think it's waaaay too short. It's kinda vague too. I will never buy another shifter as long as I own a mazda/subaru.

BlueWolfCry said:
kartboy...shortshifter is s*** without bushings, so its easier to just get the combo

hey! its not that bad LOL

make sure you grease that stucker before you install it or it might squeek.

our shifter is a bit shorter than a B&M
i had one in our car for two days. it sucked. hence we made the Mazda shifters too

same goes with the new EVO :)

Tom

hey what kind of grease should we use tom? and what should be greased the ball and the actual bolt at the linkage...

I have wanted a SS for a long time but have held off due to warranty. My dealer won't warranty broken shift forks if I have a SS installed. I just don't feel like sitting on the side of the road trying to put my factory shifter back in real fast. I had ordered the bushings/SS about a year and a half ago, but sold them. Are the bushings still yellow?? Or are they black?? Later(2thumbs)

Back