Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Toyo Proxes T1-S

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yokohama AVS ES100

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
i just bought toyo tis from onlinetires.com for 480 for all four shipped. They are sick looking and if they live up to half the hype they would be worth it. I hope to get them on this weekend. More thoughts to come on performance of the T1-S.

-Ryan

O yeah i forgot to mention the t1s have a great rim protector and they look big fat oprah tits!!! sorry for being a post *****.

i didnt know the azenis was available in that size. if it is ,thats what i would go with

P5 DO OR DIE said:
i just bought toyo tis from onlinetires.com for 480 for all four shipped. They are sick looking and if they live up to half the hype they would be worth it. I hope to get them on this weekend. More thoughts to come on performance of the T1-S.

-Ryan
thank you very much for this info sir. what size tires did you get, it says they are 135 each for 215/40/17 on onlinetires.com, thanks

I voted for the ES100's even though I have the T1-S's on the Protege5. I do however have them on the miata. They will be the next tires after the T1-S's wear out.

redwagon02 said:
I voted for the ES100's even though I have the T1-S's on the Protege5. I do however have them on the miata. They will be the next tires after the T1-S's wear out.
thanks for the input, what do you like about the ES100's more than the T1-S?

Went to local dealer , he ordered them , 205/50/16 , $386 , plus tax. I did shop around , same tire other shops , $150 more for same tire. AVS ES 100's (thumb)

BlueWolfCry said:
thanks for the input, what do you like about the ES100's more than the T1-S?
Mainly because the ES100's are a much quieter tire than the T1-S's. Both tires have great adhesion properties, but my Protege5 is no race car.:'( The other reason being price. For the same size tire I need, I think the Toyo's cost about $40 more per tire.

redwagon02 said:
Mainly because the ES100's are a much quieter tire than the T1-S's. Both tires have great adhesion properties, but my Protege5 is no race car.:'( The other reason being price. For the same size tire I need, I think the Toyo's cost about $40 more per tire.
thanks for your help. does anyone know what threadwear number referrs to? i know it's talking about the wear, but is it the greater the number, the more the wear? or less the less they wear?

The greater the number, the less the wear. However, I do not know what the numbers stand for.

redwagon02 said:
Linky no worky....

The higher the treadwear number, the longer the tread will supoosedly last. the stock MSP tires have a treadwear rating of 140, which is low.
There are high mileage all-season tires with ratings like 600-700, but you won't find them in a 215-45-17, which is a size that means performance tires.
I know i'll be looking for something a little harder when it comes time to replace my stock tires, 280-300 hopefully.

I haven't run any of those tires, but I have read/heard good things about the Toyo and the Yoko's. I had a set of Yoko's onmy Integra that were the best tires I have ever owned.

Last edited:
i voted for falkens....even though the st-115 are "drift" spec tires they have awesome wet and dry traction....i plan to go dunlop and/or falken one my stock bridgestones are gone :)

get either the 115's or the T1s'

t1s's are better than all of them but the 115's are much more cost efficient..

on a side note .... the es100's were disigned to give long mileage...
in that case you lose cornering grip...

out of all those the eagle f1's have the best cornering grip... but goodyear has some issues with long term quality on their tires...

the st115's are good for all around performance... dry and very wet conditions...

the t1s is a very good all around tire .... but wet grip can hurt a lot when the tires get to about 70% of tread life...

if you have any other questions feel free to ask ... i have a lot of experience with tires and wheels...

mazdamp3_18 said:
on a side note .... the es100's were disigned to give long mileage...
in that case you lose cornering grip...

out of all those the eagle f1's have the best cornering grip... but goodyear has some issues with long term quality on their tires...

the st115's are good for all around performance... dry and very wet conditions...

the t1s is a very good all around tire .... but wet grip can hurt a lot when the tires get to about 70% of tread life...

if you have any other questions feel free to ask ... i have a lot of experience with tires and wheels...
thank you very much mazdamp3, could you run the quotes for me on the falkens and the t1's then? i already pmed you on the rims. im looking for 215/40/17, again, thank you

Back