Getting Streaks off Dash

Volley2six

:
MP3
Okay, I have just now read about how streaky the Armor All wipes can be. I used a whole tube of them once and never had a problem. Yesterday I used Meguiar's wipes and they left RIDONCULOUS streaks everywhere. I bought armor-all wipes to try and get rid of the streaks. It helped some, but left streaks of it's own. So now I'll just be using water and a cloth, but how do I get rid of these streaks?!?!?!

Use a mild soap or cleaner diluted with water to get rid of the excess shiny stuff...then from now on, just use plain water on the dash. Only use cleaner if the dash is actually dirty...if it's just dusty, then just use water.

Did you use the protectant wipes or just the cleaning wipes.. because I know the protectant ones are very oily..

hmm stick with water its much better and you never get streaks i practially gave up on them wipes...use a wet rag then pass over it again with a dry one :)

What about using vinyl/leather CONDITIONER instead of armor all since it is treating the vinyl minus the nice shine, but gives you the protection. I use first place from the dealer, but have one or two more uses of it. I'll have to make a switch. The bad thing is that I used ArmorAll wipes and it left the vinyl "blotchy" looking. It took 4 applications over time to get it out.

I use the armor protectant wipes, and once you wipe the dash with them go over with a dry cloth to stop streaks. You can actually go over the dash in circular motion to prevent streaks also :D

wipes suck. i use the armor-all detailers advantage spray and some applicators that dont leave streaks or lint. very shiny with no streaks or blotches. i only have to use it once or twice a month. about twice a week i take a damp cloth and go over it to get dust off tho.

Back