Floor Mats

DSM2MSP

:
THE ONLY MODEL TITANIUM MAZASPEED
Has anyone done anything to protect the mats from stains and such. Because I like the Mazdaspeed on them and I know once they get ruined its gonna cost an arm and a leg to replace them through the dealer (if they even sell them).

Scotchguard?

get some aftermarket rubber mats to cover them up, keeps them new that way (i hate it when dirty shoes touch the stock mats)

No Scotchguard? I want to keep my mats in my car, they look coooooool duh ;)

get a clear plastic mat to put over top of them, then you'll still see them, or like Saran rap them or something...I dunno, I'd say try the scotchgaurd, can't hurt right?

Scotchguard on the carpet part, and a weekly cleaning of the plastic part. At least two or three coats of scotchguard, letting it dry between applications.

In the winter, I flip my stock mats over to protect them. Also in the winter, I put rubber mats over top. I think scotch guard would help, even if it doesn't, it's pretty cheap to try. I always try to clean my mats every time I wash my car.

Last edited:
I purchased clear rubber mats for my Maxima SE AE since the interior is gray and I wanted to be able to see the AE logo on my mats.
I purchased black rubber mats for the MSP since they match the best.

Not only will the rubber mats help protect the mazdaspeed mats but they also ensure the carpet and mats don't start smelling once you get them dirty and wet several times.
It's a heck of a lot easier to clean rubber mats than the carpet.

I love the mats from weathertech but they are expensive!
http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=3&make_id=33&year_no=2003&veh_id=1002&veh_opt_choice_id=0

i wore my mats down pretty bad. well the driverside at least. bought new mats, dunno what im gonna do with them though. they look good, so its a shame to hide them, yet its a shame to waste em .

I got cheapo (but heavy) WalMart mats and they didn't last one season. I had Weathertechs in other cars for 5 years before wearing a hole in 'em, then patched that hole with a tire patch and went another 2 years. Initial cost does not equal ownership cost. I go with rubber mats in winter and stockers when the slush is gone, cleaning both as frequently as time allows.

Back