Mental Addiction Motorsports 3rd Gen Protege Turbo kit

i have been talking with beau as well, a very prompt and professional guy to deal with.

supa saiyan pr5 said:
any updates?/?
Our last modifiction has been complete.We have been test driving the car and putting it through a series of test's.So far it's been great.We are going to drive it for another week.If all is well by next week, we will release the kit.Right now we are talking with a few possible sponsors and those who are selected will receive there kit first.

supa saiyan pr5 said:
It's been more than a month...where's the DAMN kit.........just j/k (lol2)
We have shipped 2 of the 5 :)
The remaining 3 will be finished in the coming weeks.We us a powdercoater in KS, so turnaround time is slow with him, but the quality is top notch.

the kit looks good. where at in KS is the powder coater. if its close to kansas city, maybe i can go out there for you and make them hurry up on the parts for ya. :D

freekwonder said:
the kit looks good. where at in KS is the powder coater. if its close to kansas city, maybe i can go out there for you and make them hurry up on the parts for ya. :D
They are located in Wichita. He does really good work, but has a 2 week lead time.2 weeks for a quality piece is fine with me.

wichita is acouple hour drive. i was just messing around though. obviusly if you are using the guy, then you trust him and his work.

I will soon be running the kit, and will be very vocal with it. Ask any questions. I will also be the first of my knowledge to run the MAM kit WITH the MPI tuner. Install will be mid June, at this time, my kit is being assembled. I will take many pics. :)

This kit is sounding better and better each time i read this thread :D

It's a great kit man. I met Beau yesterday and the guy is a man among boys int he turbo industry (in my opinion). The kit is similar to my kit, except you get a different turbo (spools faster) and a tial wastegate (I'm jealous) and way better intake and IC piping.

I'm upgrading my intake and IC piping along iwth the IC itself to the MAM design very shortly- probably next week. I'll have pics!! :)

If I may:

I'd like to see some pictures of the manifold. Very curious about the design. . .need more info, more pictures, etc. Can't wait to see it out "on the streets"!

me either. i would have definately been on this kit had i not bought used spool kit first. anyone wanna buy my kit lol?

Matthew said:
i have been talking with beau as well, a very prompt and professional guy to deal with.
Yeah I double that. I got 98% of my parts and information that will be going on into my 2nd gen turbo kit from Beau...
I know you all will be happy with your turbo kits.

Beau, what are the diameters of the piping, what is the efficiency of the IC and how would you say the turbo compares to the VF22 that Hiboost uses?
Nice looking kit, btw!!!!!!

Little Beavis said:
If I may:

I'd like to see some pictures of the manifold. Very curious about the design. . .need more info, more pictures, etc. Can't wait to see it out "on the streets"!
MORE DETAILED PICS, PLEASE!

Hey calm down :) he's been out of town should be returning today. If I remember right he's picking up some pipes he had powdercoated this week. He revised the pipe layout a bit and wants to get pics taken after everything is assembled, but trust me it's a badass kit! Out of all the protege kits I've seen it has the best intake and IC pipe design I've seen!! (hump)

intercoolerandpiping2.jpg

intercoolerandpiping.jpg

I have been really busy lately and just haven't had much time to pull everything out and take pictures.Here is a picture of the intercooler and cold piping that is JetHot coated.I just got these parts back from coating today.
These pictures should hold everyone over until the kit is released and the sponsored cars have givin there feedback.

Latest posts

Back