Mental Addiction Motorsports 3rd Gen Protege Turbo kit

Thanks for the response on the kit. Unfortunately I do not want to cut anything for the intercooler, and don't feel like tapping my own oilpan, so that kinda steers me away from this kit. Pretty good for the $$$ though!

Chris

Last edited:
what kit can you get where you dont have to tap the oil pan for the return? you can always pick up another oil pan from a junkyard for prolly less than 30 bucks.

I will be pm'ing you about the sponsor thing to what the details are as I am very interested. I lived in phx and mesa for 16 yrs and just recently moved to Washington but still have family and alot of contacts in AZ.

Also I know maybe some of the mAZdasports guys(the AZ mazda group) would be interested in the sponsor thing. They just got Apex out of Tempe to sponsor them and are doing really well.

Anyway Ill pm you, thx for coming out with another great kit and keeping in touch with this community.

-Alex

Matthew said:
what kit can you get where you dont have to tap the oil pan for the return? you can always pick up another oil pan from a junkyard for prolly less than 30 bucks.

Actually the Wagner kit comes with a tapped oil pan.

DooMer_MP3 said:
Thanks for the response on the kit. Unfortunately I do not want to cut anything for the intercooler, and don't feel like tapping my own oilpan, so that kinda steers me away from this kit. Pretty good for the $$$ though!

Chris
The only cutting is near the core support.The reason why we built our kit to require cutting was ground clearnace.Either you can cut a small square in your core support or have your intercooler pipes hanging low and have the holes ground into them by the pavement.

The reason we do not provide a tapped pan is cost.If we were to source oil pans and tap them for you it would typically cost around $100-$150 more.We felt the $5 bung we provide is a smart way of saving the customer money.

Last edited:
Im glad to see a kit with that kind of miles on it. alot of people on this forum have been waiting it out to see some true miles put on a kit...Are those miles real everyday miles...what I mean by this is does it runs everyday on the road in the traffic jams stop and go,on the highway not behind grandma, and has it driven and tested for different altitudes and climate conditions?

jeremy

Also I would be willing to be sponsored by you guys...especially since im located in Mass in the N.E the weather is much different in this part of the country...right now its snowing outside...can the kit be relaible for the winter???I have no problem adding this kit and finding out ;)

I would have contacted you about sponsorship because I am upgrading everything in my engine to get ready for boost, but I already bought the Hiboost kit.

I would love to get sponsored, what do you need me to do? how can I get sponsored?

supa saiyan pr5 said:
Im glad to see a kit with that kind of miles on it. alot of people on this forum have been waiting it out to see some true miles put on a kit...Are those miles real everyday miles...what I mean by this is does it runs everyday on the road in the traffic jams stop and go,on the highway not behind grandma, and has it driven and tested for different altitudes and climate conditions?

jeremy
Jeremy,

This is my daily driver that I put roughly 1000-1500 miles a week on.We have put this kit through the ringer trying to make something happen/break.We have roughly 31,000 successful miles on this kit and very pleased with it and feel confident our customers will to.
We have been to Salt Lake City Utah, all over Southern CA,All over AZ and Farmington NM.It's been through Snow, Sand and the hot AZ heat.We have been in bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end and no problems.

For sponsorship, location isn't a factor.One of our current sponsors lives in Mission Beach, CA(San Diego area)
The type of sponsorship we are offering is a heavliy discounted one.The kit is sold to a sponsor way BELOW cost in return for a few small request's.If you would like more information, please PM me and I will be happy to give you the information.

That kit looks alot like the kit on joels (jaje) car. The setup is pretty close too. How comne you don't have a down pipe listed for sale w/ the kit, or it just wasn't mentioned?

2k2silvermp5 said:
That kit looks alot like the kit on joels (jaje) car. The setup is pretty close too. How comne you don't have a down pipe listed for sale w/ the kit, or it just wasn't mentioned?

Our complete kit consists of the following(retail $3899):
GT28R ball bearing Turbo
Velocity stack's(inlet,outlet)
Stainless manifold(log type)
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Large FMIC(27x6x2.65) extruded core
321 Stainless wastegate and down piping.
BEGI FMU
Walbro 255 High Pressure In-tank pump
Voltage clamp
Bosch style billet aluminum BOV
Braided feed and drain lines
T-bolt clamps
Silicone couplings
NGK Iridium plugs
Boost gauge
Jethot coated hotparts
Powdercoated Silver cold parts

AEM wideband gauge/sensor
MIL Elim.
Overflow bottle relocation bracket
heat shield/blanket
etc

2k2silvermp5 said:
That kit looks alot like the kit on joels (jaje) car. The setup is pretty close too
The kit uses all the same locations for mani,turbo, routing of the IC pips Just the intake location is different.

MAMotorsports said:
Our complete kit consists of the following(retail $3899):
GT28R ball bearing Turbo
Velocity stack's(inlet,outlet)
Stainless manifold(log type)
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Large FMIC(27x6x2.65) extruded core
321 Stainless wastegate and down piping.
BEGI FMU
Walbro 255 High Pressure In-tank pump
Voltage clamp
Bosch style billet aluminum BOV
Braided feed and drain lines
T-bolt clamps
Silicone couplings
NGK Iridium plugs
Boost gauge
Jethot coated hotparts
Powdercoated Silver cold parts

AEM wideband gauge/sensor
MIL Elim.
Overflow bottle relocation bracket
heat shield/blanket
etc
My bad. Sorry I didn't read further into it.

I got your pms and sent one back, sorry man, i wish I could take up your phenominal deal right now witht he sponsorship, it is exactly what I am looking for but I can not, in good mind, put more debt on top of my current CC debt(only a few grand) but I would still like an clean slate before I add that kind of expenditure.

Anyone else considering this, they have been nothing but great in promptness and information when going back and forth about this. Looks to be a great kit fro a great company.

Latest posts

Back