My car drives without me!!!!

zmepro

:
Protege5
s***! My ****** car drives without me!!!!

OMFG.

3 times this has happend, once on the freeway, ones on the street and once pulling into my driveway. I let off the gas and the car just keeps reving~!!!!!!!!!!
It just revs and i would hit the brake and let off the clutch and it would go back down.... but today it jumped to the ******* rev limiter and just sat there BRR BRRR BRRR BRRR **** **** ****

after a few seconds it went back down

ok, so here are the mods, started right after intsalling the header.. i had the o2 sensor wired in a way that it rubbed on the car and wore through the wires (bad planning on that one) so i went and wired up a MIL and now the o2 is just hanging free in the engine bay. (no CEL yet)

HELP ME GUYS! Do you think it did any damage to the engine? what about the electrical system??(pow) (huh) (stooges) (burn) (attn) (attn) (attn) (help) (help) (pissed) :eek: (gun) (smash) :mad: (freak) (bang) I AM SOOO STUPID ARRRRG

youre gonna laugh but this happened to me in my RX7...check and see if your floor mat is getting stuck on the gas pedal (rofl)

or something like what replica mentioned...anyways, check your "dumb-ass meter"...i doubt its a bad throttle or whatever.

and NO, cruise control was not on, and cruse control doesn't make you jump to redline instantly and it cuts off when you depress the clutch

i bet your floor mat is sticking to the gas pedal. go out there and see if your mat is scooted up. if not see if your throttle cable seems sticky.

Had this problem in my t-bird, not fun when you hit the brake and the cruise control keeps going towards a semi. The relay to your brakes is messed up. Its located down on the pedal.

zmepro said:
i had the o2 sensor wired in a way that it rubbed on the car and wore through the wires (bad planning on that one) so i went and wired up a MIL and now the o2 is just hanging free in the engine bay. (no CEL yet)
I have a feeling this has something to do with your problems. (dunno)

yea thats what i thought, mabye they shorted or something, so like 15 minutes ago i wired the MIL eliminator in there. but i don't think the 02 sensor has ANYTHING to do with the throttle control

Back