A beep around 110 mph..

Puccio

Well, decided to see what my car could kinda do tonight, and while on the interstate, around 100-110 mph my car was making a beeping noise. Kinda odd. Didn' t know what it was. Has anyone else had this? Was something amiss in my car?

Puccio I've had mine in that neighborhood as well but did'nt hear any beeping noises. You might want to ask Mazda.

I don't know about a beeping noise, but i know the windshield starts winning about 120.

"ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM"

I have had my ES 2.0 up to 100-110 and found out that a whistling noise tends to happen, this is caused by the windsheild wipers. In most cars they sit below the hood so wind passes over them in 2001 and newer Proteges models this means Pros, MP3s and Pro5s as far as i know they sit inline or a little above the hood so wind passes through them causing a whistle or whine.

-Chris :cool:
'01 Red Pro ES 2.0

No, this was definately a beep. I'm about to call Mazda and see what it was. I'll post when I get a reply.

I haven't heard a beep or whistle from my car either. If the was to beep at you, it would have had to have a warning light come on. It might have been the radio beeping at you. But calling Mazda will help some but they'll ask for yourinf and then they will VOID yor warranty for abuse. I got mine up to about 110-115 and I ran out of gear. It sucked.

A lot of 3Genners including me have experienced the same thing I think. A real high pitched squeaking/beeping at higher speeds. Apparrently Mazda didn't do a great job of sealing the windshield. You can take it to them and have them fix it or temporarily put a piece of duck tape along the top seam of the windshield. That has cured my noise. (except for me it started once I went over 80).

There is a Mazda service bulletin out for this problem. It consists of removing the outer moulding and installing a sealing foam strip. I have a MP3 and Protege ES and have not had this problem. Your local dealer will take care of this under warranty, but you really should not tell them how fast, just say highway speed :)
Mark
Master Mazda Technician

I have had my mp3 at 130 and I never heard any beep or whistling but I had my stereo going to so....I don't think I would of heard it if it was there.

I have a 1993 Mazda RX-7 and it has a tach. redline beep. I have no idea if this could be related to that or not - maybe a 5th gear rev limiter?

Back