Going to the dealers..instal CAI now or wait till i get my stuff(warranty)?

jti1115

:
MP3 BLUE
hey..i have a CAI i want to install so bad but im gettin my steering wheel, shift knob, and bushings replaced under warranty soon!! i dont want the hassle of taking it off before i go to dealership...but would they care if i install it?? or should i just wait? thx guys. sry for the useless thread

Unless we're talking months here, I'd wait. My CAI drew some flack from one of the local grease monkeys at my dealership. I asked (politely) how an intake could affect interior trim issues, or even bad synchros, or the clunk, and knowing looks abounded, but no more was said about it. Still, it's just about all they need to proclaim you an abusive driver, no matter what the facts may be.

wait until at least all the warranty work performed by them has been done and the car driven for like 2 weeks , so that way you'll know if they fixed it correctly , and if not you will have to bring it in again
dealers can blame u for anything so don't take the risk

tttP5 said:
wait until at least all the warranty work performed by them has been done and the car driven for like 2 weeks , so that way you'll know if they fixed it correctly , and if not you will have to bring it in again
dealers can blame u for anything so don't take the risk
Unless you have a good relationship with the dealer then I would wait

yeah i get flack from the dealer everytime i take it in (they dont know about the tb bypass yet(Disclaimer: the formentioned bypass should not be taken seriously.)) i'd just wait, my stock intake broke and the stock intake isnt covered under warranty and its $235, so i bought an aem short ram instead and saved $45 :)

Back