Life of Stock Tires

How long did your stock tires last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:
'03.5 MSP(Yellow!)
I just ordered new tires when I flatspotted my stock Bridgestones, but they were just about ready to go anyways. I was wondering what kinda life people are getting out of these tires. I was racing on them(autocross) and kinda tore them up pretty quick, so I really don't know how long they should have lasted. HOW LONG DID YOUR STOCK TIRES LAST??

I didnt rotate my tires and im at, just about 13000 mi and they look like I can get at least another 10000mi (hopefully) i checked the tread depth and everything. They should hold up pretty well considering you dont abuse the piss out of them. The sales guy at Firestone told me they last around 20,000 25,000 mi.

I didn't rotate mine as often as I should have, and got about 10K out of the fronts before they started balding a bit. I rotated them at 15K, and they were just about completely bald by then (you can still see the grooves, but they are nowhere near being considered "tread"). I took them off when I picked up my snow's from Kooldino at around 20K. I'd say that they're pretty much done, and I'm ordering a new set of Nitto NeoGens at the end of the week.

They lasted me about three days?

I dont get it....I must be horribly hard on tires?
(drive)
Matt

lets see just got back from the longest trip yet in the MSP with the stock 040's. 1st to Tampa then to atlanta and finally Raliegh NC to Miami. I turned 18000 miles on the trip back from miami. Three tire rotations 6k and 12k and one before i left at 16500. I noticed a bit of inside wear on the fronts between the 12 and 16500 rotations. I figure Ill get about 30k but i corner fast so we'll see

I'm at 22K on mine and they're fine. I've been driving on them all winter. I rotated them at 15K.

31k+ and counting. I do need to buy some they will last a bit longer but not too much.
I'll probally go with these. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+MX&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=145YR7EMX&fromCompare1=yes
I have read everything on just about evey good tire for our car that is out there. So far bang for buck these seem to be the winner. FlyingMiata gave these very good marks.
This a a recomendation from a knowlegdeable source not just some smuck that bought some tires. http://www.flyinmiata.com/wheels/K1-EcstaMX.asp
I think these tires are tehWinnar! :)

Last edited:
I'm at 8500 and rotated the tires at about 7500 miles. I'll be pretty lucky to see 11,000 miles I think. Autocross and hard driving = tires hate you.

~brian

i got 18,000 out of mine, i didn't burn out at all, i took curves fast, and i caught 2nd gear problably 15 times maybe. They did alot of tire hop by accident in winter. I think the tire wasn't all that great.

I am at 17,000 now, and they look to be good for at least another 5,000. I have rotated my tires 3 times so far.

almost 12k here, rotated at 4500, and 10300 miles, and looks like i have another 10k in them.
I dunno if it was more PAR, or they werent warm enough, but i had alot less traction at the track this weekend than last summer when they had lower miles.

i rotate my tires every 500-1000 miles and they still are only going to last about 12,000-15,000. I do beat them up every once in a while though.

Dude, i know this is just my opp. but kumho's even if cheaper you will regret. Try yokos advan sports they last longrer and the grip is insane.

Back