Caliper Paint

prboy3

:
Mazda3 Black Mica Auto
Hey Forum:
Finally my MZ3 is with me...BlackMica Auto Tranny IREALLY LOVE IT
I was wondering which Caliper Paint you guys Recommend for painting my calipers...??? or is there some detail to look in Caliper Paints?
Thanks in Advance
PRBOY3

I used Duplicolor High Heat about a year ago and although it's time for a touch-up(I live in a gravel/dirt alley...plenty of pebbles), it works great!
One tip if you do use Duplicolor or any othe spray-paint is to spray it into a cup, then brush it on. It much less messy this way.

G2? It's a little on the pricey side but well worth it if you spend the time prepping the calipers and layering the coats of G2 Paint on the calipers. Mine are still holding up really well in this carppy Ohio weather.
caliper_rim.jpg

prboy3 said:
Hey Forum:
Finally my MZ3 is with me...BlackMica Auto Tranny IREALLY LOVE IT
I was wondering which Caliper Paint you guys Recommend for painting my calipers...??? or is there some detail to look in Caliper Paints?
Thanks in Advance
PRBOY3

g2 lacquer caliper paint is the only way to go. Bad ass stuff. Painted many a f-body and y-body caliper with that stuff. If you take your time and do it right, its awesome.

Otherwise what I would do (if you can live without the car for a week) is take the calipers off and send them out to be powder coated. Thats what I am doing with mine, but I am just buying new ones from the dealership.

Nice...

Ok guys lets talk about price here...
I'm inclined for the "Do it MYself job"
Thanx
PRBOY3(drive)

Well..DIY is great. And this is a DIY project

Step 1) Remove Wheels
Step 2) Remove Caliper and brake pads
Step 3) Pack Box and Ship
Step 4) Unpack Box on return
Step 5) Reinstall brake pads and caliper
Step 6) Bleed the brake system
Step 7) Reinstall Wheels and tq. down

Lots of DIY there. Guess it just depends if you want it done yourself or you want it done right.

prboy3 said:
Ok guys lets talk about price here...
I'm inclined for the "Do it MYself job"
Thanx
PRBOY3(drive)

If you shop around you can get G2 for about $38 including shipping. It is a kit that includes all you need.

04Titanium said:
g2 lacquer caliper paint is the only way to go. Bad ass stuff. Painted many a f-body and y-body caliper with that stuff. If you take your time and do it right, its awesome.
You might want to change you sig. there is no mazda 3 coupe. (hand)

I painted my calipers with G2 last October, and they look good as new. Tirerack carries it for $38. G2 is an epoxy based paint, so it hardens. When you clean them everything comes off! You must use it at air temps between 50-70 degrees I believe.

Check out: www.g2usa.com

Because of the contents it has to be shipped via ground, so find someplace near you that has it. I ordered mine from a place in Michigan...I can look up the name if you need it.

mcstark said:
...You must use it at air temps between 50-70 degrees I believe....
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint_howto.jsp
its actually 56-70 ferenheit but whatever.

(help)
Do you think that this temp that they give you is the temp for application or the temp for application and drying??

I live in Canada so its still cold but its warming up. Im hoping to apply the paint when it gets over 13C (56F) but when I leave it to dry overnight, it will get colder. Will it screw up the paint?

Back