Had some fun on the highway

Puccio

Coming home tonight from Tampa, about an hours drive. As I'm pulling onto the highway, I see a white Jetta that's lowered, has a Bora badge. I figured I'd try to get him to "play with me" if you would. No bite after about a minute or so. I'm in the right lane, he's in the left, and center is clear open. Then bam, out of no where, a porche goes flying by. It was a silver 911 Turbo. Yes I know, in a race it'd kick my ass, but I thought it'd be fun to follow it. I get up to 120 mph ASAP and then follow him. He slows down, gets next to me, waves, gives a thumbs up, then speeds off. I follow. Now you see, it's night time. And remember how I said it was a 911 Turbo? Well when he slowed down I saw the back of his car, and where it <i>should</i> say Turbo, it said GT 2. I was like, holy poop on a stick. So my hour long drive home took about 28 minutes while following and weaving in and out of traffic with a Porche GT 2. It was fun. Thought I'd share the joy.

It must of been cool to get a thumbs up by a GT2. And by the way even though you know, that GT2 will romp all over you even with a Twin-turbo in our MP3's. But i bet it must of been cool to ride side by side next to a GT2.

The only car that could stand a chacne against this beast is a Lamborghini murcielago. Not even a crotch rocket would come close to these cars in the 1/4mile.

Porsche GT-2 :456hp Lamborghini Murcielago :571hp
3.6/H6/6M :457lb-fts 6.2/V-12/6M

0-60........ 3.6/4.1sec 0-60.............almost the same
1/4Mile.....11.9/12sec 1/4mile.........almost the same
Topspeed..194-196mph Topspeed.....205mph

http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/perform/2896.asp
http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/perform/3007.asp

The GT2 has a more aggressive exterior than the "regular" 911 turbo...and the Lambo...it would be a close race...but I believe the Lambo has longer legs ;)

Both incredibly sweet production cars...

And remember how I said it was a 911 Turbo? Well when he slowed down I saw the back of his car, and where it should say Turbo, it said GT 2.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

HOLY "S"

Ever since I saw write up on that car in MT a few months ago I fell in love. I have never been a real big fan of Porsche but, damn, that car is nice.

I bet it was fun to play follow the leader with such an awesome machine. The closest I came to greatness.... so far, is a ACURA NSX.

tritonheat1 said:
It must of been cool to get a thumbs up by a GT2. And by the way even though you know, that GT2 will romp all over you even with a Twin-turbo in our MP3's. But i bet it must of been cool to ride side by side next to a GT2.

The only car that could stand a chacne against this beast is a Lamborghini murcielago. Not even a crotch rocket would come close to these cars in the 1/4mile.

Porsche GT-2 :456hp Lamborghini Murcielago :571hp
3.6/H6/6M :457lb-fts 6.2/V-12/6M

0-60........ 3.6/4.1sec 0-60.............almost the same
1/4Mile.....11.9/12sec 1/4mile.........almost the same
Topspeed..194-196mph Topspeed.....205mph

http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/perform/2896.asp
http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/perform/3007.asp

I've got my money on a few 'crotch rockets'!

Yamaha R1 for example:
0-60: 2.8 sec
1/4mile: 10.2sec

02_R1_M10-01.jpg

liquid silver, my fav. color

Sweet! So how's your car feel after pushing 120 for a half hour?

lots of fun

I had some fun in my MP3 this weekend, me and a buddy of mine went to the bar had a couple of beers. when we left we get to your cars he just bought a SENTEA SE-R V-SPEC has about 4000 miles on it, (he said road race to my house). I know it would beat me but I had no idea these cars are pretty FAST. right off the bat we get a red light, it turns green I pulled him until about third and then I was eat'in dust he left me behind about 2 car lengths. so we get on the highway doing about 120 neck to neck, he has a six speed so he down shifts and left me setting again. So when we got to my house he wanted to race my (2001 WS6)just to see what it would do. no contest. not really a fair race but it was fun.
and then I got drunk and passed out.:eek:

ya I know it was stupied to be drinking and racing like that.
I'm getting married in September. I told my soon to be wife
what I did so I'm not aloud to hang out with my friend unsupervised. HA HA. Sorry about that honey.

Back