search for more power

SpicyMchaggis

Banned
Contributor
well..it was really only a matter of time. I'm going through severe torque withdrawl and its starting to eat my brain. With all the time and thought i've put into my protege..the likelyhood of it ever having the performance i want, is growing less and less likely..unless someone wants to donate money to my fund for forged internals, the hiboost kit, and a LSD..didnt' think so..I've been looking around..looking at mustang GT's..(yes, mustangs..) SRT-4's and wrx's..I just need power..I might sing a different tune once I drive or take a ride a heavily modified protege though..Although 1sty's was a quick little banshee..now he drives an STi..not exactly setting the example..hmm..(screwy)

SpicyMchaggis said:
well..it was really only a matter of time. I'm going through severe torque withdrawl and its starting to eat my brain. With all the time and thought i've put into my protege..the likelyhood of it ever having the performance i want, is growing less and less likely..unless someone wants to donate money to my fund for forged internals, the hiboost kit, and a LSD..didnt' think so..I've been looking around..looking at mustang GT's..(yes, mustangs..) SRT-4's and wrx's..I just need power..I might sing a different tune once I drive or take a ride a heavily modified protege though..Although 1sty's was a quick little banshee..now he drives an STi..not exactly setting the example..hmm..(screwy)
ya i agree with you....(screwy) j/k
the fun is getting this little motor to really churn out the hp's. i'm going to boost theis baby if it's the last thing i do! you can't get me away from the protege, it least not until after i go with the turbo kit. i do like the subi though!!(yes)

i think srt-4 is the car for you.

If you had a p5 or a mp3 or msp then maybe the end would seem closer, but having started with a DX i can understand your growing frustration as the list probably seems longer every time you make it...

i would stay away from the wrx....never really cared for em myself :)

that and they are complete garbage..the SRT is right up my alley..we'll see though.. i might turn this dx into something after all..

I feel your pain spicy- been thinking along those lines myself. But I think I'll just abandon the N/A pursuit and turbo the hell out of this thing- I love my car, just needs LSD and torque...

i just otdered my damn turbo, and i cant wait...should be just the right amount of power.

unless you wanna drop serious $$$ get an SRT-4.

Im boosting 12psi right now in mine, and the car is a beast, but who knows how long she'll old up.

Thats just it..I don't want to worry about blown motors..blah blah blah..and i need LSD..2004 SRT-4 is perfect..now for the money..

SpicyMchaggis said:
Thats just it..I don't want to worry about blown motors..blah blah blah..and i need LSD..2004 SRT-4 is perfect..now for the money..
no doubt the srt-4 has all the right stuff when it comes to the power train, but i don't care for the look. the body style seems old to me...actually i don't think it's changed much in several years. if you got the cash then go for it!!

lemme see 2200 for a built short block that'll take 30 lbs of boost, and you still get to have a protege? Pretty good deal

wagner and perf I believe PM them- might be 2400 but I think it was 2200 Wiesco and pauter cant go wrong built and forged- just buy one!

Ya, I been eyeing that short block for a while now, just not enough $ to take the leap. Figure even if I do get the block, odds are I will have to replace the transmission and maybe the axel after I turn my boost up to 15 psi and add NO2! lol

Erik H.

Yeah thats my whole concern. I want to do a safe 6psi. But honestly, its not worth worrying about. I'd like put down like 10-12psi..but knowing me..the axle and tranny wouldn't last.

Back