Finally used my roof rack!!!! (pics)

Bloke

well just got back from a 5 day long conoeing trip on the Sacco River in Maine, & it was a complete blast! (the sacco is not a fast flowing river, so i would best describe the trip as "drifting & drinking!" :D )

well like the title says, i actually got to use the versitility of the MP5, it was loaded down like a b%tch, and still performed admirably! as you can tell by the pic's below, we strapped a 15ft coleman canoe to the roof, which was a lot easier than i thought. the roof rack bars are perfectly spaced, & the cross bars give excelent places to tie down to. the only thing i would complain about is the rear tow eye's under the car, there is only one, on the left side of the car. the front has 2, one on each side! which was perfect. well we loaded the trunk & rear with all our food & camping gear & headed out on the 4 hour drive! even loaded down & with the AC on, doing a constant 70-80 mph, the car was perfect & performed brilliantly. gas millage was excellent even give all the weight.

well, hopefully this can inform any of you out there, (who don't allready know) this is a great, versitile machine, & one that reasures me of the reason i bought it everyday!!

cheers
Bloke

p.s. oh, the last licture is what we saw for 5 days! :)
11072294-42aa-028001E0-.jpg

11072295-a181-028001E0-.jpg

11072296-b0f5-028001E0-.jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome! I like how you put towels on the front so it wouldn't scratch the front fascia. These cars kick ass!!!!!!

fastdrvr23 said:
...(snip)...I like how you put towels on the front so it wouldn't scratch the front fascia....(snip)...
I agree! Then you have the opposite end of the scale: the guy that took his brand new P5 into the desert and trashed it...sheesh...go figure!

Back