Mazdaspeed OEM Exhaust Question

jrodhotrod

Contributor
:
2003 Mazda Protege5 (Mine) 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE (Wife's)
OKay, I have spent much time looking without finding a real solid answer. Does anyone know, just what is different about the exhaust that comes factory on the mazdaspeed.

Is it just the axle back portion that is racing beat, or is the whole cat back exhaust upgraded from a standard protege?

Does anyone know what the diameter of the piping is?

Will the mazdaspeed axle back portion mate up with the factory piping on a standard protege?

Thanks guys!

I believe it's racing beat from the stock dp back, but it's very restrictive, with 2 cats AND a resonator.
I believe the diameter is 2.25". Not sure about the match with a stock protege.

Right, I know the racing beat cat back system is 2.25" from the cats back. Just haven't been able to confirm what the piping is on the mazdaspeed from the cats back.

Anyone? Anyone?

Good Info!

So I am gonna assume that even though it is small in some spots it's still an improvement from the Cat Back vs. being improved from just the axle back when compared to a regular protege?

I am just trying to get all my facts straight since I'll be getting rid of my full cat back section once my ION 3" turbo back goes on :D

Here is a pic of my stock cat-back. It says racing beat on the muffler and that part is stainless steel. The rest well I'm not sure what that is. I had a 2.5" custom cat-back made and it looks so much bigger than the stock piping.

Attachments

• P2290643.JPG
    P2290643.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 339
Back