Steering Wheel Buttons

Fat Mike

:
2004 Mazda 3 GT
Hey all just wondering if the steering wheel mounted controls on the 3 light up at night kinda like the jetta does?

Actually I don't think the steering wheel lights up at all. Those buttons don't have lights in them. I drove my Mazda3 a few times at night and never noticed them on.. i dunno maybe i'm wrong.

Fat Mike said:
Hey all just wondering if the steering wheel mounted controls on the 3 light up at night kinda like the jetta does?

mikethuan said:
Actually I don't think the steering wheel lights up at all. Those buttons don't have lights in them. I drove my Mazda3 a few times at night and never noticed them on.. i dunno maybe i'm wrong.

Yep. You're wrong. (wiggle)

They're bright enough to see but faint enough that they don't draw your attention.

Maybe its only a feature on the 5-door?

goldwing2000 said:
Yep. You're wrong. (wiggle)

They're bright enough to see but faint enough that they don't draw your attention.

mikethuan said:
Maybe its only a feature on the 5-door?

Hmmm... I suppose it's possible but I don't see why they would change something like that. Especially with the wheel-mounted radio controls.

*shrug*

mikethuan said:
They're lit up on mine ;)

Check out the pics on the 2nd page of my page. I didn't notice any lights on the steering wheel at all. The car is sitting in park with all lights on... so i dunno.

goldwing2000 said:
Hmmm... I suppose it's possible but I don't see why they would change something like that. Especially with the wheel-mounted radio controls.

*shrug*

mikethuan said:
Check out the pics on the 2nd page of my page. I didn't notice any lights on the steering wheel at all. The car is sitting in park with all lights on... so i dunno.
Have you driven your car at night yet? Have you not noticed that the steering wheel buttons are lit up?

Actually, I think I DO see the lights on the wheel. Hard to tell, though. Pics are kinda blurry. Take a look tonight and see what you find. I know for a fact that mine are there.

Also, it doesn't look like your headlights are on (no bright area through the windshield). Thatr might have someting to do with it.

In your pic you have of your car at night, they are lit up, they are not BRIGHT, but they do show light so you can see them very clearly.

lo and behold... i just went and checked and THERE ARE lights on the steering wheel ... never noticed before, guess im always looking at the tach

cochizzle said:
lo and behold... i just went and checked and THERE ARE lights on the steering wheel ... never noticed before, guess im always looking at the tach

Like I said: They're bright enough to see but faint enough that they don't draw your attention.

:rolleyes:

Especially when you're concentrating on the zoom-zoom. :D

Yeah I noticed them finally... too many things too look at, gauges, dvd nav... heh I just overlooked the steering wheel. (boom02)

goldwing2000 said:
Like I said: They're bright enough to see but faint enough that they don't draw your attention.

:rolleyes:

Especially when you're concentrating on the zoom-zoom. :D

Latest posts

Back