Paint Defect

IWillMaintain

:
Mazda 3, S Model, 5 Door
Had my MZ3 for a week now. Gave it a wash yesterday only to find a spot where there is a paint defect. On the back fender there are little bubbles. I don't know if it is the paint or the clearcoat. Either way, I am not very happy. Anyone else had a paint issue?

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 292
take it back to the dealer. A week old car sold as new should not be bubbling. Hopefully this is not the case, but the car may have been in an accident or damaged during transportation and had to have been repainted and they should have told you this when you bought it.

It sounds like there is either water or dirt in the paint, good luck with the mazda paint warranty. I complained about numerous rock chips in my bumper and the dealer would not do anything about it. Its a good thing I'm an automotive painter.:(
IWillMaintain said:
Had my MZ3 for a week now. Gave it a wash yesterday only to find a spot where there is a paint defect. On the back fender there are little bubbles. I don't know if it is the paint or the clearcoat. Either way, I am not very happy. Anyone else had a paint issue?

My mazda3 has 2000 miles on it and there are many rock chips all over the hood. The dealer just told me that this is not covered by warranty and won't do anything. They said that I may be able to have someone airbrush the chips, but that it might not look very good. Does anyone know anything about this? I just got the car back after three weeks because of a defective fuel pump, and am not feeling very good about it right now!

paint defects are covered under warranty. rock chips won't be under warranty. two completly diffrent things. take it to the dealer and have them paint it.

as for rock chips, find yourselves a good dealer, my dealer for my pontiac ended up painting my hood twice for me. not to mention my door handles and mirrors. all for free ;)

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to the dealer about the chips yesterday and they said that there is nothing that they could do. I took the car to two different paint/body shop places just to see if I'm overreacting, and both told me that having over fifty chips that go through the clearcoat and paint, not to mention the extra glaze I paid for is definitely excessive. Especially after three weeks. My Sunfire had less chips after six years! So I guess its back to the dealer to figure something out. I wish mine were as cooperative as yours!

Actually, I'm in Oregon :), and I haven't taken the car on one gravel road. I took one freeway trip with a total of about 500 miles, no harsh weather, nothing. Otherwise, in town driving only. I just know that this is not normal!

Back