New msp 2003.5 owner

Rod_Maz

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray Mazdaspeed
Hi all, i bought my car last night and i cant get enough of it. A titanium Gray msp . Just a little info ... its new so how long should i be gentle on the engine and the turbo ... like the break in process. I know the guy a the dealer told me its not like that anymore but just in case:) Also it as been in the showcase all winter ... so its been a couple of month since it have been taken for a drive.

Anyway im going for a ride (outie)

Break in is 600 miles i beleive, but check your owners manual. I didn't take it above 3.5k for the first 600 miles, except once when I took it to 4k. Some people say no need to break it in some say you need to. I wanted to be safe so I did that, and also the owners manual says go easy for the first 600 or 650 miles, can't remember.

~brian

Congratulations!
The break in period is 600 miles according to the owners manual. Just take it easy for the first 500 or so miles (no racing, no driving long distances at the same RPM).

Have fun!

oldzoomer said:
Congratulations!
The break in period is 600 miles according to the owners manual. Just take it easy for the first 500 or so miles (no racing, no driving long distances at the same RPM).

Have fun!

Ive taken mine past 5K on accident a couple times, but for some reason Im not that worried that my engine is gonna fall apart any sooner than anyone elses. Also, get a boost gauge and learn when your turbo runs out of steam because you may not even need to let it get past 5K.

The only thing I didn't do during the break in period, was redline, accelerate too hard, or drive at the same RPm for long times....and that was only for like 300 miles, as long as your relatively gentle on the engine, it'll be fine

Back