MT-90 is good stuff!!!!

tttP5

i know this probably has been said many many times before but mt-90 for the tranny fluid is excellent stuff!

i went to the dealer and told them i had been getting some grinding going from 1st to 2nd when cold and they switched out the tranny fluid with mt-90. It is so smooth now even when the car is cold! hope that my grinding problem is now gone for good!

for sure...
I just put MT-90 in and the intermittent reverse gear notchiness is gone. Butt-o-meter detects a very slight performance increase (less resistance in gears ???? yeah that's a long shot..)

SP33D said:
that stuff is made by redline right?
mswerd.gif
order it in a gallon jug... makes it easy for pumping

It replaces the factory fluid. Gets two quarts (Redline MT90) and either a hand pump or suction gun. Drain out the factory fluid, pump in the 1.8 qts of Redline (approx. 1.8 qts IIRC)

really they carry redline? ive looked and they never had any ???

i guess i need to look harder

walight01 said:
any major autopart stores that carry it, i run mobil1 synthedic and not that pleased with it.
I tried Mobil1 for about a month and it actually made things worse for me. I switched to redline ultra light shockproof and I am very pleased with it.

Did everyone use a pump? I used a siphon and a hose to fill.

i was asking a question, not making a statement, sorry about the confusion. i don't know where to get it unless you order it or goto a race shop. i just used the funnel with a hose designed for tranny fluid fills, they sell them at autozone for like 4 bucks.

Last edited:
walight01 said:
i was asking a question, not making a statement, sorry about the confusion. i don't know where to get it unless you order it or goto a race shop
No major places carry it where I live. I had to go to a specialty shop in an industrial area.

Check http://www.redlineoil.com/ for a list of distributors or to try and order it from their site.

I just put my MT-90 in tonight wow this stuff is the s***!!! I use to have some trouble goin into first sometimes unless i was stopped just slides right in now lol. Goes into every gear better everyone should use it.

Back