Racing beat exhaust & Hi flow cat

Gooey

:
Mazda MP5 2003.5 Red
Anyone who has Hiflow cats where did you get them? I have searched and not turned up anything that is usable.....I am interested in the racing beat catback if anyone knows what cats will work with this setup let me know

thanks

:confused:

so you mean just bypass the 2nd cat all together.... hmmm Would be easier that way. Would it pass emmision/inspection that way??

zmepro said:
it will be a pain in the ass, you will need to rework lots of stock stuff, your best best is to get a wagner midpipe with a high flow cat

www.wagnermotorsports.net

look for p5 midpipe

its a bout $300

as long as it passes through 1 cat, it should. I have passed emission tests (in other cars) with using just 1 cat and bypassing the 2nd. just a month or so before you get tested, run a tank or 2 of a higher grade gasoline. you should be fine.

Cool.... glad to hear it is possible.

zcast said:
as long as it passes through 1 cat, it should. I have passed emission tests (in other cars) with using just 1 cat and bypassing the 2nd. just a month or so before you get tested, run a tank or 2 of a higher grade gasoline. you should be fine.

Don't know which state you live but in Ca you have to pass a visual exam as well as a tail pipe sniff. If the guy is good you won't pass.(direct) You may want to keep your original exhaust if your area requires a visual.

I got my 2nd cat cut off and replaced witht a high flow cat from Magnaflow. According to the exhaust shop it is illegal for them to do this, i.e. alter the stock cat. Of course they did it anyway.

Did you notice any difference in sound or performance. I've read that to much flow on our cars and no back pressure kills the little bit of torque we have?

Mxyzptlk said:
I got my 2nd cat cut off and replaced witht a high flow cat from Magnaflow. According to the exhaust shop it is illegal for them to do this, i.e. alter the stock cat. Of course they did it anyway.

No problem with the back pressure thats why I only got a 2.25 in pipe. But since I got all the exhaust work done atthe same time I dont know what benefit the cat actually had.

Needing some exhaust back pressure is bad information. Even some racers & race car builders still believe that. Go to a pro race and check out their exhausts; pure tuned exhaust piping.

Back