Clunking noise from rear bushings is back again!

Sure enough, after getting the rear bushings replaced 6 weeks ago, the damn things are making that clunk, or thunking noise again. With all the people having this problem, they have got to know about this. Is there a recall on the bushings or anything? I for sure as hell don't want to be going back and forth to Mazda every 6 weeks no matter how much I like the car. And I am NOT living with that damn noise eithier.

Are the better fitting bushings and are the pricey?

What exactly are they replacing? My mp3 is in the shop right now getting the shifter fork replaed and I want those bushing also replaced. Which one are they and what are they replacing them with?

Jamie

Supposedly the bushings are too big (ie wrong part). Somewhere on this forum this has been posted. Supposedly their dealer is looking into getting bushings that are the right size. Might want to find the message, print it up and bring it to your dealer.

I am currently living with the problem until my next oil change. Just don't feel like dealing with it right now :D...

DooMer_MP3

I left my MP3 with the dealer. He just called sying my spare tire was a little loose and probably causing the noise (even though I had checked the bolt on the tire before I took it in). I told him about the forum and about the bushings, he blew it off. Thanks a lot Mazda!! Well next time I hear it I'll take it back, AGAIN!! I wonder if Mazda thinks all 400+ of us on here are dumb enough to think that no one thought of turning the bolt on the spare to fix it.

this is straight from racing beat

Subject: RE: Mazda MP3
To: "Alan P."

I have not heard the "clunking" sound you mention, but the squeaking
may be
coming from the contact between the bushing and bar. The bushing is the
correct size, producing a larger bushing would require a redesign of
the
clamp and subframe brace.

You might want to try removing the bar and lubricating the interior
bushing
surfaces with a lithium grease. You may also try to 'roughen up the
glossy
surface of the bar with a piece of 600 grit sandpaper to break-up the
slick
surface.

Best regards,

Jim Langer
Racing Beat, Inc.
714-779-8677 www.racingbeat.com

JcsMP3, do you have a roomate that goes by the name aGGR3SSoR?

I read on the yahoo MP3 forum that it was that the bushings were too big.

The Clunking noise and the squeaking noises are 2 different things. Racing beats fix works for the squeaks.....but not the clunks

I can't beleive I just wrote that.....clunk, squeak......what next, ka BOOM!

Mazdaspeed clunking noise

Ive Been Having The same problems with my 03 mazdaspeed protege... my exhaust keeps slamming into the undercarriage of the car causing all kinds off scratches and i dont know what to do.

ive took everything thing out of my trunk including the amp and 8 inch sub enclosure b/c i was installing another system and before i put the new system in, i drove around and still the clunking noise when my trunk was completely empty!!

ouch. i haven't heard of this problem...is the exhaust stock? these guys were talking about the crappy bushings mazda put in our cars that causes a clunk when you hit a bump in the road. if you're hearing a clunk, get new sway bar bushings from mazda...but the exhaust thing? that's new.

yeah this thread is talking about the infamous "klunk" that all mp3s have. i used to have it when i had an mp3. i hope my msp never gets infected with it.

You could try getting a set of kartboy exhaust hangers. I recently purchased a set and I have seen a huge difference. I think my old hangers were worn out or just streched too much, so whenever I had a hard launch or hit a bumb I could see exhaust tip along with the rest of the exhaust move alot. Now after I put the hangers on they exhaust is awsome, with no excessive movement or jumping at all.

Newf said:
Sure enough, after getting the rear bushings replaced 6 weeks ago, the damn things are making that clunk, or thunking noise again. With all the people having this problem, they have got to know about this. Is there a recall on the bushings or anything? I for sure as hell don't want to be going back and forth to Mazda every 6 weeks no matter how much I like the car. And I am NOT living with that damn noise eithier.

Are the better fitting bushings and are the pricey?

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123624849

*LMAO* I remember when you started the bushing threat Newf...I haven't been on as much as I used to but i've probably got back and for to the dealership as much as you. I think I am up to my 9th set of bushing..links...stabilizer bar..etc..etc..Now that my warranty is up, I am dredding to hear the clunk after winter. Sorry but I cannot see myself by Mazda after my MP3...5 years and still no fix for the clunk...that cracks me up!!!

There is a perm. clunk fix bracket mount for 200$CAD shipped.

*At least he used to search function instead of posting a new thread about the same topic.

Back