CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Booster

ZOOM ZOOM BOOM BOOM CLUB mazdaspeed75's Avatar

2003.5 mazdaspeed

Brake Booster

Anyone use the vacum line off the brake booster for there bov If so can you just t into it Thanks
    Bossier city, la

03 MSP.

Use the vac line from the stock BPV....
    your brake booster probably WONT ever see boost unless something is way wrong, so your BOV probably wont open correctly.
    2003 MSP #1130.
    Intake/MBC/EBC Greens.

One of the 1st emanage MSP's till my diff exploded.

ZOOM ZOOM BOOM BOOM CLUB mazdaspeed75's Avatar

2003.5 mazdaspeed

H

Thats what i got my boost gauge on the bov is on the other line towards the back i thought you could put it on the brake booster line it goes into the motor my boost gauge flutters some i think because its on the same l;ine as the bpv Also i think if the bov gets a stronger source it will open better Not sure any info
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $5

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

A lot of people used the brake booster line...it's a good, strong source of vaccum...all vac lines see boost.

03 MSP.

Cool, good info, i was thinking the same thing about the vacuum lines all seeing boost, but since its the brake system, wasnt sure.
    Id also suggest looking on Joe P's website for the FPR install, and teeing in there for your boost gauge, and then using the original BPV tee for your BOV setup.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $5.73
    Unauthorized DOUCHEBAG

flyin protege tees into the brake booster also for thier kit

Donated: 4.20$

2k3bmMsp938

i know this is back from the dead, but can someone please tell me the inside diameter of the brake booster line, and the stock BPV vacuum tubing, Im gonna run over to autozone and see if I can get a tee and run a dedicated line to the bpv and the wastegate. I searched but there is 300 threads about the stock BPV.
    thanks for any help

Or if you have any suggestions, dems is good too
    MAZDA TEAM PWND BY LIFE

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1089 jersey_emt's Avatar

04 MSM #1089

When you install the tee onto the line, you need to feel for a little bulge in the line. Make sure you place the tee to the left of that line (closer to the passenger side).

That little bulge is a valve that prevents boost from passing through it...if you place the tee after it, your BOV will not work correctly.

Not sure of the exact dimensions though...

2k3bmMsp938

yeah I have searched all over and just cant find where anyone actually said what the diameters were. Im assuming the smaller vacuum lines to the bpv and wastegate are either 1/8 or 1/4 inch, and maybe the brake booster is one half inch, but im not sure.
    anyone?

2k3bmMsp938

ok went out and measured a bit

regular vac hose to bpv, etc is 3/16 inch inside diameter
    called flyin protege about brake booster line, they thought it was either 3/8 or 5/16, but no definitive answer.

argh.

03 MSP.

i finally got around to using my brake booster line tap for my BOV, and swapping the FCD to the same T as where the stock BPV draws vacuum.
    I maybe noticed a tiny change in the BOV sound. but probably not
    I also moved the boost gauge to the Fuel Pressure line. Shows a little more vacuum, and the boost gauge is a little more jumpy as it builds boost.

Ohh well, its all good.

2003 MSP #119

Quote Originally Posted by Emode
    ...Im gonna run over to autozone and see if I can get a tee and run a dedicated line to the bpv and the wastegate. I searched but there is 300 threads about the stock BPV.
    thanks for any help...
    Part # 47354 at autozone. It is an assortment, and you use the largest one.
    - Rich's stock block 277whp MSP -

- 505 Autosports - AEM - A'PEXi - Blitz - Boost Sciences - Clifford - CR3 - Dave B - Delsing - DGM - Eclipse - Espelir - Flyin' Miata -
    - Frozenboost - Garrett - Hella - J&S - JayRacing - JL Audio - JSP - Kartboy - LeadFoot - Lightning Audio - Magnaflow - MBQuart -
    - Mental Addiction - PWR - Redline - SPAL - Sparco - Spearco - SPEC - Stewart Warner - Tokico - Xcelerated Concepts - Xtant -

2003 MSP #119

Post #8 on this thread has a pic of the package:

/forum/showthread.php?t=53776

2k3bmMsp938

thats funny, i just walked in the door, and I picked up that exact package from autozone, also got a ton of red silicon hose and some zip ties, ill let people know how it goes.

2k3bmMsp938

is there an easy way to get at the wastgate hose connection point, without taking off the intercooler piping and stuff? I am having a hard time getting down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast