Brake Booster

mazdaspeed75

ZOOM ZOOM BOOM BOOM CLUB
:
2003.5 mazdaspeed
Anyone use the vacum line off the brake booster for there bov If so can you just t into it Thanks

Use the vac line from the stock BPV....
your brake booster probably WONT ever see boost unless something is way wrong, so your BOV probably wont open correctly.

H

Thats what i got my boost gauge on the bov is on the other line towards the back i thought you could put it on the brake booster line it goes into the motor my boost gauge flutters some i think because its on the same l;ine as the bpv Also i think if the bov gets a stronger source it will open better Not sure any info

A lot of people used the brake booster line...it's a good, strong source of vaccum...all vac lines see boost.

Cool, good info, i was thinking the same thing about the vacuum lines all seeing boost, but since its the brake system, wasnt sure.
Id also suggest looking on Joe P's website for the FPR install, and teeing in there for your boost gauge, and then using the original BPV tee for your BOV setup.

i know this is back from the dead, but can someone please tell me the inside diameter of the brake booster line, and the stock BPV vacuum tubing, Im gonna run over to autozone and see if I can get a tee and run a dedicated line to the bpv and the wastegate. I searched but there is 300 threads about the stock BPV.
thanks for any help

Or if you have any suggestions, dems is good too

When you install the tee onto the line, you need to feel for a little bulge in the line. Make sure you place the tee to the left of that line (closer to the passenger side).

That little bulge is a valve that prevents boost from passing through it...if you place the tee after it, your BOV will not work correctly.

Not sure of the exact dimensions though...

yeah I have searched all over and just cant find where anyone actually said what the diameters were. Im assuming the smaller vacuum lines to the bpv and wastegate are either 1/8 or 1/4 inch, and maybe the brake booster is one half inch, but im not sure.
anyone?

ok went out and measured a bit

regular vac hose to bpv, etc is 3/16 inch inside diameter
called flyin protege about brake booster line, they thought it was either 3/8 or 5/16, but no definitive answer.

argh.

i finally got around to using my brake booster line tap for my BOV, and swapping the FCD to the same T as where the stock BPV draws vacuum.
I maybe noticed a tiny change in the BOV sound. but probably not
I also moved the boost gauge to the Fuel Pressure line. Shows a little more vacuum, and the boost gauge is a little more jumpy as it builds boost.

Ohh well, its all good.

Emode said:
...Im gonna run over to autozone and see if I can get a tee and run a dedicated line to the bpv and the wastegate. I searched but there is 300 threads about the stock BPV.
thanks for any help...

Part # 47354 at autozone. It is an assortment, and you use the largest one.

thats funny, i just walked in the door, and I picked up that exact package from autozone, also got a ton of red silicon hose and some zip ties, ill let people know how it goes.

is there an easy way to get at the wastgate hose connection point, without taking off the intercooler piping and stuff? I am having a hard time getting down there.

Emode said:
is there an easy way to get at the wastgate hose connection point, without taking off the intercooler piping and stuff? I am having a hard time getting down there.
Bump for this question..

No, theres not a good way without removing the pipes.
Other than maybe small hands, and a cold engine...
When i removed the wastegate line from gcottons car, i still had to cut the damn hose off above the nipple. then just a knife and scissors to get the rest off.
Effin pain in the ass.

just finished, that was a b****
took forever to get my hands in there, even with the intercooler pipe off
hard as hell to thread that hose on there without any leverage
ill post maore details and pics a little later, right now my hands hurt

Emode said:
yeah I have searched all over and just cant find where anyone actually said what the diameters were. Im assuming the smaller vacuum lines to the bpv and wastegate are either 1/8 or 1/4 inch, and maybe the brake booster is one half inch, but im not sure.
anyone?

I checked the brake booster line w/a 3/8 hose barb ftg. Its 3/8".

I can't find any darn hoseclamps for 3/16"!!! I replaced the fuel pressure regulator line because the original was cut and T'd off, and the replacement hose was 3/16", but I can't clamp it because the outside diameter is a lot larger than the original clamps!!(boom07)

Back