this concerns anyone with a msp

wicked

:
2003.5msp
i spoke to an instructor at seqouia who is freinds with the guy who wrote the program for the msp's computer,and they recognize there is a problem with the ecu.they also know that the flash isn't the best fix for it.So they came up with a better way to fix it.
they are creating another flash that will adjust the ignition timing aswell as fuel curve
In short,a permenent fix,unlike the old flash that only adjusted the fuel by leaning it out and not retarding it at all
I was told that the only catch is we need to wait till about july.

I'm going to wait to buy any type of stand alone or piggy back till this comes out ,who knows it might actually work correctlly. (nuts)

wicked said:
i spoke to an instructor at seqouia who is freinds with the guy who wrote the program for the msp's computer,and they recognize there is a problem with the ecu.they also know that the flash isn't the best fix for it.So they came up with a better way to fix it.
they are creating another flash that will adjust the ignition timing aswell as fuel curve
In short,a permenent fix,unlike the old flash that only adjusted the fuel by leaning it out and not retarding it at all
I was told that the only catch is we need to wait till about july.

I'm going to wait to buy any type of stand alone or piggy back till this comes out ,who knows it might actually work correctlly. (nuts)
That sounds excellent! I wonder how they go about telling us once it's done? Doubt they would contact us... I guess we'd know when we went in for service?

Re He Heallllyyy?????.........
I will beleive it when i SEE it!
Never get your hopes up.
Two years for a fix...Sounds pretty f'd up to me.
Matt

It's only made a recall if it jeopardizes safety in some way. It would therefore be designated a TSB, ot technical service bulletin. But hell, my dealer is cool. He'll flash it no problem!

wicked said:
...unlike the old flash that only adjusted the fuel by leaning it out and not retarding it at all...

I'm glad for the new flash, but you've got this part exactly backwards.;) The first flash *advanvced* the timing, they didn't touch the fuel curve.

Ok, education time for the naysayers. :D (Matt)

First, when they did the orgional fix, it was to timing only. This way, they would not have to put the PCM calibration through the CARB testing again, and get a short term fix. to get a correct PCM calibration, that will pass smog, can take up to 2 years. This is why you normally see at least a 1-2 year wait for most concept cars to begin production.

I can see why it would need to wait till July, and know that the first fixwould not allieviate all issues, per my SEMA discussions with the guys at MAZDASPEED NA. I was not aware of a new fix, and I will contact my sources at Mazdaspeed NA. :D

mspdfreak said:
It's only made a recall if it jeopardizes safety in some way. It would therefore be designated a TSB, ot technical service bulletin. But hell, my dealer is cool. He'll flash it no problem!
hehe!! mine probably won't have a clue about it!!!! He'll say: 'you don't need that!' (notcool)

Oh joy yet another argument with the dealer to get them to do what the friggin TSB says to do! (evil)

Nah seriously, good info. I hope this comes to be. If for nothing more than just to show the Mazda NA hasn't forgotten its bastard step child just because it was low production.

boostisgood said:

First, when they did the orgional fix, it was to timing only. This way, they would not have to put the PCM calibration through the CARB testing again, and get a short term fix. to get a correct PCM calibration, that will pass smog, can take up to 2 years. This is why you normally see at least a 1-2 year wait for most concept cars to begin production.

I can see why it would need to wait till July, and know that the first fixwould not allieviate all issues, per my SEMA discussions with the guys at MAZDASPEED NA. I was not aware of a new fix, and I will contact my sources at Mazdaspeed NA. :D
sweet - boost w/ the hookup

wicked: I hope you're right! :) Do you know if the new program been written? Or when tesing will wrap up?

boostisgood: Let us know as soon as you find out! :)

Thanks guys.

oh man i hope this goes through...but may suck for uppin the boost like what i run...it will probably lean out....then a piggy back or standalone will have to be purchased............... descisions descisions

Boost - get the DL man PLEASE! :D

Wicked- that's some great info! Thank you SO much. Maybe this will alleviate my slight hessiatation :D :D
*clicks on subscribe to thread*

wicked said:
they are creating another flash that will adjust the ignition timing aswell as fuel curve.
wicked said:
In short,a permenent fix,unlike the old flash that only adjusted the fuel by leaning it out and not retarding it at all.

505zoom said:
I'm glad for the new flash, but you've got this part exactly backwards.;) The first flash *advanvced* the timing, they didn't touch the fuel curve.
That's the way I understood it also. Wicked, was that just a mental glitch on your part?

Get us the news we need Boost! A perfectly working ECU (dare I even dream that it eliminates the fuel cut) sure would be sweet, not to mention it upping the value of our cars.

Don't forget to mention to your contacts what good PR this would *instantly* spread about Mazda if they do it.

boostisgood said:

Back