Changing steering wheel..

Jliao

:
BO G35 Coupe
My friend was asking me about getting an aftermarket steering wheel for his s13. Though, both of us are clueless on what we need in order to get one. Anybody here know what I need (parts wise) and how I can install these? hard, easy?

Thanks

Jliao said:
My friend was asking me about getting an aftermarket steering wheel for his s13. Though, both of us are clueless on what we need in order to get one. Anybody here know what I need (parts wise) and how I can install these? hard, easy?

Thanks
gonna need a hub puller to pull the stock stuff off. Need an aftermarket adapter hub to put the new steering wheel on your stock steering column.

Cool! thanks for the quick reply.

What do you mean by hub puller to pull the stock stuff off? What's the "stock" stuff?

Jliao said:
Cool! thanks for the quick reply.

What do you mean by hub puller to pull the stock stuff off? What's the "stock" stuff?
hub puller... pulls the stock hub off the steering column, basic autoparts store would probably rent them out.

What about the airbag? Wouldn't a new "sport wheel" knock the s*** out of the resale value? Not to mention driver safety in a crash!

mspdfreak said:
What about the airbag? Wouldn't a new "sport wheel" knock the s*** out of the resale value? Not to mention driver safety in a crash!

who sales a car with all the aftermarket parts in it? Besides someone buying a hooked up car isn't buying it for safety of their family. As for driver safety in a crash, that's entirely their choice. Although if they just used 4 pt harnesses they wouldn't need an airbag

mspdfreak said:
Well, I would think you're going to sell it someday...unless of course you wreck it first.
that's why I said " who sales a car with all the aftermarket parts in it?", it's called, replace the aftermarket parts back to stock, and sell the aftermarket parts for even more money.

I would love to put on the MOMO Race wheel I had on my Miata. I think the hub adapter I have should fit, and there is a resistor that plugs into the air bag harness to trick the air bag light. The only thing I can't figure out is what to do with the cruise control switches mounted to the steering wheel.

Anyone have any ideas?

rktktpaul said:
I would love to put on the MOMO Race wheel I had on my Miata. I think the hub adapter I have should fit, and there is a resistor that plugs into the air bag harness to trick the air bag light. The only thing I can't figure out is what to do with the cruise control switches mounted to the steering wheel.

Anyone have any ideas?
Heard some guy just mounted his to the big plastic steering column, cover, after he got some crappy Grant steering wheel.

Latest posts

Back