exhaust help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr213

:
MSP 2003
hey, i am now lookin to spend some money on my exhaust system, but i dont know which one is best for the msp. I been looking at the apex down pipe and catback exhaust, 3" down pipe and 3 " catbackexhaust? and also is this exhaust a turbo exhaust, because when i go to their site they dont give me enough details. and about the ion performance exhaust, the one is a turbo exhaust manifold. just want to know which one will be better

thnks

prolly ion's will a slightly better performance increase since it'll replace the entire exhaust system. apex's downpipe actually bolts up to the s-pipe so it's more of a midpipe. still, i don't think it'll be a dramatic difference. i guess from there, it depends on which way you want the piping to be routed, the muffler choice, sound, look, etc. check out the exhaust thread i started a while back entitled "calling all msps...." you'll find soundclips of both exhausts.

corksport is supposedly developing one. it's been listed as tba for a long time now though. best bet if you just want the s-pipe is to have one custom made.

Striker187 - from our R&D process we've found that the gains from having the 1-piece spipe/down-pipe design to be extremely beneficial for throttle response, minimization of lag, as well as keeping overall engine temps lower due to lower stress. The benefits become exponential as boost climbs.

iON Performance said:
Striker187 - from our R&D process we've found that the gains from having the 1-piece spipe/down-pipe design to be extremely beneficial for throttle response, minimization of lag, as well as keeping overall engine temps lower due to lower stress. The benefits become exponential as boost climbs.
Do you know what kind of hp numbers we can be seeing with you exhaust or maybe a ball park figure????

Christ. Search for this information. People complain about searching and not wanting to read 40 pages of results but it's threads like this that *cause* the 39 extra pages.

Sorry but the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back