MPI Tuner Library

My 13psi maps from today.

I dynoed 249 on my PDA dyno with these maps during lunch. Not my best, but I don't think it's knocking. I'm still playing around with it, and I'm running a 10.3:1 AFR on average. Quite rich.

Attachments

• injection.JPG
    injection.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 336
  • ignition.JPG
    ignition.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 306
Dude, that ignition map is all kinds of wrong!

Edit: To be a little more helpful.

You should either be using the AMP column and pulling timing based upon boost (via the MAP you are using), or you should be pulling timing in all areas (where boost is made) rather than just WOT. As it stands you are probably knocking if you run anything other than WOT, because you'll be building boost without pulling timing.

Last edited:
Hey, I just set it all sorts of retarded to prevent knock. If you have some suggestions, shoot 'em to me. I'm certainly no ignition expert.

PS - Before I tuned today, my A:F ratios were WHACKED. stoich @ 5K RPM and WOT, etc. Wacky stuff. So i reset the ECU and it "fixed it" quite a bit. Scary.

igdrasil said:
Looks ok for a race track!
LOL, yeah, well I start my tuning at WOT and work my way back.

Honestly, I haven't heard knock at partial throttle yet.

I agree with Beavis, you really need to retard more throughout most of the map. That's also a hell of a lot of fuel down low, are you running xtra injectors or no?

Beavis--shoot him a screenshot of your timing map so he has a reference as to where the J&S is sensing knock with the MP3 ECU.(thumb)

edit-----didn't want to sound so negative, so good job!

Dana..

As it has been mentioned above..you need to use the amp colum to pull timing..as you build boost..using your map sensor!

Chas

Little Beavis said:
Dude, that ignition map is all kinds of wrong!

Edit: To be a little more helpful.

You should either be using the AMP column and pulling timing based upon boost (via the MAP you are using), or you should be pulling timing in all areas (where boost is made) rather than just WOT. As it stands you are probably knocking if you run anything other than WOT, because you'll be building boost without pulling timing.
But if i AM knocking, I can't hear it.

Also, when I had the exact same numbers in my AMP column, it would go funky on me and knock. ???

Kooldino said:
But if i AM knocking, I can't hear it.

Also, when I had the exact same numbers in my AMP column, it would go funky on me and knock. ???
I know one thing to always be true. If you hear knock it is worse then you think.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

MPNick said:
I know one thing to always be true. If you hear knock it is worse then you think.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

(hand) Too late in my case!

Looks like my engine doesnt stand for more boost. I may be dropping another engine soon. I will install the MPI asap, take it to the track and pull the best ET on this engine.

Here's mine. . .not perfect. . .but it is what the J&S likes. Numbers got big in the low rpm section when I would load up the turbo (good boost, low rpm, partial).

I tuned this with Turf, at each TPS column and through the rpm range. Running 9.5 psi.

Beavis_Ignition.jpg

And here is the greatest mod to the software yet!

Love this. . .(part of the latest update that came out this week)!

Cal.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I've been trying to get my hands on it all day.

So jeremy - your max retard is -9*...is that on the MP3 ECU?

My current max retard is -12 or so @ 13psi. Sounds about right.

Kooldino said:
Cool. I've been trying to get my hands on it all day.

So jeremy - your max retard is -9*...is that on the MP3 ECU?

My current max retard is -12 or so @ 13psi. Sounds about right.
Yes, that would be right, but I never get up to the top of the AMP column. So, I don't have that much retard dialed in. In fact, I'm probalby not at full boost in the lower midrange so that would mean I'm maybe at -7 or so. But your number wouldn't be that bad, except the MP3 has advanced timing, so you're actually pulling more than I am even if you give yourself an extra degree per psi to get to 13. However, no one seems to know how much more timing the MP3 has.

How about some MP1 MSP maps with Apexi catless downpipe, Injen cia, Ion fmic, HKS SSQV bov or similar setup running 8psi for now on Map A. Map B to be about 12psi. Thanks
(headbang)

Hit up 505zoom, he has an msp with the MPI. I beleave he is running 10psi.

No wait, 505zoom----post your maps there bud!!

You need to get Dean's latest maps. . .he's probably closer. But 505's would be good too.

Share the info people!

Latest posts

Back