MP3 supercharger

trobbins

So I was paging through the latest version of Sport Compact Car magazine at the local book store last night and read a little clip about the Wings west MP3. It said that a company called Area 51 had installed a Roots type supercharger.

Anyone heard anything about this???

Tim

derrick1623 said:
its a "vortech centrifugal blower". badass!

what HE said.

Although I'm personally going turbo, a SC kit should def be made for our car...SC setups are cheaper than turbos...and offer good performance.

Area 51 will make a supercharger kit for any car for the right price. They are a custom fab shop for superchargers and other performance parts. Centrifugal blowers are good for V8's but on 4 bangers they aren't that great we need a roots type blower to see usable power look in the FI forum this has been discussed.

Not trying to resurrect a dead topic, but I'm looking to get a supercharger for my car as long as the price is right. Anyone got any new info on it?

Just go turbo. No one is going to be making a SC kit for a Mazda3 as far as I know.

^ For the 3, go hi-boost. The Area 51 s/c for the FSDE 2.0L turned into vaporware, a one off piece never to be seen again.

PaulMP3 said:
what ever happened to Matty's super charger? i stopped reading those threads a while back.

from what i read, there was alot of problems with the kit. some welding problems.... thats all i remember. theres probaly alot more. i remember people being pissed that they couldnt get their money back, and was asked to wait.... idk whats up but thats seems like bad customer service to me...

see you dont know, so you prob shouldnt comment.

Wagner screwed up the pipes from the kit, everything is paid for... this is on wagner.

I hate when people try to tell the story but have no idea whats going on.

Lets see, only one person asked for their money back and that was nutari having one of his little hissy fits. Instead of privately talking to matty he started blasting matty on the forum and threatening to take him to court. As if matty took his money and ran. He keeps us all updated the second he has news.

None of the delays have been mattys fault. Most of the hold up was due to wagner and powerdyne. Matty had a lot of respect and trust in wagner which is why he stayed with him for so long. Wagner exploited that trust and screwed him over. So now matty has taken another loss and moved on. I wont get into the powerdyne fiasco. You can look at the mazda3club forums for more detail.

Matty has now found a new fabricator out in cali who can do all the fab work we need in house, including making powerdyne replicas. Currently he has shelled out another 2 grand of his own money for a new parts to work with his kit.

The WOMP kit is far from dead

Rism said:
Matty has now found a new fabricator out in cali who can do all the fab work we need in house, including making powerdyne replicas. Currently he has shelled out another 2 grand of his own money for a new parts to work with his kit.

The WOMP kit is far from dead

That is good news. Hopefully it won't be a 10 production run and that's it either. I'm very interested in it, but would like to see other people's results with it and kind of let this first run get through all the kinks (as there are a lot of them ;))

Back