Bad Luck........

MB Hawaii

:
2003 ML350
I bought a 2004 Mazda3s (sedan/silver) fully loaded and was set to take delivery of the vehicle this last Friday. I found a buyer for my old car and sold it in the morning. A few of hours before the pickup, I got a call from my SA with some bad news. He said that the lot boy was driving the car from the docks to the dealership and got hit in an intersection and ran into a pole. The car was totaled! I didn't know what to say. I had just sold my old car and a fully loaded Mazda3 was not arriving to the island for another couple of months at the earliest. The closest thing they have is a loaded version without the "moonroof/6 CD" package. Plus it's in Red. Not that there's anything wrong with the color, but it's probably my 4th choice. I not sure what to do. I need a car, but don't like the idea of having to settle for something. What do you guys think? :(

i would ask if they do some type of loaner car or something. Specially if you had it ordered and their guy wrecked it.

Ouch! Major major bummer, dude. If you're looking for a suggestion:> I would ask if the dealer can spot you the car as a "loaner" for a while til your choice comes in. Try to work in a deal that way. They should be willing to do something for your trouble for sure.

I think that sucks...sorry about the luck.

Surely they must have some beater on the lot that they can loan you during your wait. (?)

Good luck!

Man, that is bad luck. I would wait for the silver one. Because later on you might regret not getting it. Check with the dealer about a loaner.

Thanks for the tip. I just called and asked. They said that the loaners are for warranty work and that there is no way they can lend me a vehicle for that long. They also mentioned that since I did not take delivery of the vehicle that the deal was not finalized and my $1000 deposit would be refunded. So I would have to shop around to see who can get me a car the fastest. I was going crazy yesterday deciding if I should get another car instead, like a Mazda 6. I even took one out for a test drive and there's no comparision to the fun factor of driving a Mazda 3. The 6 felt like the car I just sold, Acura Legend. There's plenty of HP, but it felt heavy and you really needed to give it gas to get it going. I'm sure it kicks butt on the freeway though. Boy, I am really stuck on the M3!

Never just settle. Patience is a virtue. Wait till you get what you want. Otherwise, you might be unhappy with what you get.

if u are going to spend that much, spend it something u want. dont buy something just because u are there and have the cash. i say wait until it comes in, but grumble to mazda :) gl! - chris

which cutter mazda dealership was that?thats messed up! they better have fired that lot tech guy. just wait for the car you want or youll regret later, how about getting a Protege5! and its cool see another person from Hawaii.
Efren

Do they have any mazdaspeed's right now? You may be abl to get one for real cheap like $16kish and drive it for a few months, and I bet you'd get pretty close to what you originally paid! If not, the mazdaspeed is a great car to keep.

-DaViper

The dealership was Mckenna's in Kailua. I will probably get a car from Cutter Ala Moana cuz the SA there is really easy going and I feel comfortable dealing with him.

Thanks guys, I will try to my best to resist settling for something. It's gonna be tough though. I am so hooked on the car since the test drive. :D

I believe there some Mazdaspeeds. I don't know much about them, so I will have to look into it. Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Back