Turn Signal Bulbs

ArkosP5

I just recently replaced the 1157NAs in the headlights to 1157 (changing amber to white). The only problem, is that the 1157 bulbs are a more yellowish color than the headlights themselves. Does anyone know of a true white turn signal bulb that will fit in an 1157 socket? I don't want a BLUE bulb, I would like a white bulb.

Also, the Mazda dealer stated that our rear turn signal bulbs are 210Y.
1) Is this correct?
2) Is there a RED bulb available that I can switch this out for?

Better be careful. I don't know what the laws are where you live, but in GA they're pretty bad. If you have any color bulb but white or yellow/orange on the front of your car then it's like a $300 ticket.

I know there are red bulbs for the rear, but I just put red gel caps over the amber bulbs. looks great.

the english number for our rear turn signal bulb is 7440, and I got glass paint from the local hobby lobby (or Michaels) or any craft shop. Just paint the bulbs. Caution tho, if you paint a white bulb red, it will come out pink. If you paint a amber (stock) bulb red. it will flash red. trust me.

as for the white bulbs I got APC (4apc.net) 1157 titanium white bulbs (the bulb looks chrome when not illuminated) flashes pure white, only a slight tinge of yellowish, but just the same as our headlights.

Last edited:
Thanks Equinox! I think that will be what I need for the fronts, ... now all I need are some red rears that will fit, ...

Back