Cork Sport 'Power Series' Tuner Comptuer (Mazdaspeed)

SonicRacer

PS!
Banned
Potential Scammer!
:
03.5 MS Protege
It appears my car is going to get right in the neighborhood of a 30hp gain with this computer. Final numbers and figures are still being worked out. It's being set and tuned to run 10psi from what I understand.

I am picking up the car tomorrow (been at the tuner's shop for 9 days now being tweaked and things being changed).

Looks to be a great upgrade!

After it is tuned in stock form I'll put my exhaust system back on and have it remapped for that.

The weird thing is my car made 189 or so crank horse power stock.

Well as I said, that is not the final figures. 24hp was found just by doing some slight tweaks.

interesting... I'm guessing your car is at Pineapple Racing right now?

how user-friendly is the unit, and will Corksport be offering base maps and tech support? you could have just posted this in my thread in the FI forum...

Last edited:
SonicRacer said:
It appears my car is going to get right in the neighborhood of a 30hp gain with this computer. Final numbers and figures are still being worked out. It's being set and tuned to run 10psi from what I understand.

I am picking up the car tomorrow (been at the tuner's shop for 9 days now being tweaked and things being changed).

Looks to be a great upgrade!

After it is tuned in stock form I'll put my exhaust system back on and have it remapped for that.

The weird thing is my car made 189 or so crank horse power stock.
OMG your my new found friend....yeah keep us posted fo sho, lol

I'll have final figures tomorrow when I get the car. The figures will be based on a stock model however.

Intake, exhaust, etc gains will come in the future.

its about time some one did this for the msp
once one does it others will fallow=)

is it going to be ok for flashed?

Should be fine for flashed cars...the maps will be different though because of the advanced timing on the flashed cars

I run on 8psi daily on avg.(flashed) Does that mean with better tuning theres not as much leaway running an extra pound of boost or two over 8psi because of increased timing and fuel being in the sweet spot. Hope that made some cense. And would this mod warrant/support an injector upgrade? Thanks

yes. you're not even on the edge with 8psi. once tuned you'll be able to max our your turbo before you pop your motor.

Sonicracer-
Was it specified that this was only for the mazdaspeed proteges or is this product for all protege owners?
Moose

wonder what kinda discount one would get for an intake, turboback, and ecu upgrade all at the same time.. :-D

if my car actually gets fixed I'll be buying this

Alright, I got the car back today. It made a peak of 25 crank hp. (210 peak crank horse). It feels great, instant power.

It's set and tuned for 9psi. They showed me having 6psi stock though.

From what was figured out, the turbo is pretty much running at full potential at this point. One guy said "that turbo can't produce enough boost to pop the motor".

There is still more room for power also. We'll see what happens after the air mods go on and it gets retuned.

Back