MP3, MSP and P5 Engine Management solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh i hope they make a version south of 1g that still controlled fuel and timing......at least fuel ?!?! i cant see myself puttin a $1500 ems on my daily driven car that isnt plannin nuttin major to it

I am very interested, but what are the advantages to keeping the factory ECU? Wouldn't it be better to just run the AEM all the time? Can you switch between multiple maps programs? Like if I had an MP3 and an MSP could I switch it between the two? Also, will this control the speedo and the alternator? Is there a way for it to keep the alternator running so the lights don't flicker on and off all the time?

Thanks,

Britt

Last edited:
122 Vega said:
I am very interested, but what are the advantages to keeping the factory ECU? Wouldn't it be better to just run the AEM all the time? Can you switch between multiple maps programs? Like if I had an MP3 and an MSP could I switch it between the two? Also, will this control the speedo and the alternator? Is there a way for it to keep the alternator running so the lights don't flicker on and off all the time?

Thanks,

Britt

Stock ECU controls the Tach..and for states that require emissions.

Turbo Matty P said:
wow.....this can't be cost effective to produce (I'm guessing) 10-30hp on a NA motor when you can very safely run a 50hp shot of N20 for $400. $750 or so is about my limit. I don't know if I could justify anymore than that for a daily driven econo-car

some people like to have their car run RIGHT, not just FAST. You know how much better fuel economy it is to not run so friggin rich right? I've had the same exhaust since day one, well I added an intake, and I got carbon build up all inside the pipes, and now, I got a header, and my car is so rich I get black soot on the back bumper. THAT is what I wanna fix, not 10-30hp Besides, it's probably more like 2-4hp over the powerband

btw, I'm probabaly getting 21 mpg. =(

Stock ECU controls the Tach..and for states that require emissions.

Yes I know that. But if you remove the factory ECU then does this have the capability of running it? As a standalone...

Britt

122 Vega said:
Yes I know that. But if you remove the factory ECU then does this have the capability of running it? As a standalone...

Britt

Still won't solve my damn State Inspections problem. I'm curious about using this unit as a full standalone until the one day I have to inspect my car every year and use it as a piggy-back for that day. Will that work?

Finally the thread arrives!
Will this unit be pretuned for NA and boost applications or will each unit need to be tuned according to mods on the individual car? I hope pricing won't be killer because I definately want to investigate this further.
moose
PS. Need a beta tester? =)

my car runs rich which is fine by me. If I decide to run the bottle I'll need that fuel. If this has selectable tuning maps I could get one for NA street driving and one for retarded timing and extra fuel for the bottle at the track.....sounds good, but only time will tell. Nick knows his s*** and Andy has a cute baby so what more could you want?

i'm with equinox on this one... something that leans out the mixture, giving a little better performance and a little better fuel economy... all under $1k. otherwise, i'd rather just go turbo for $1500 and live with a rich mixture... or something.

no no... for $500 more, you can get a turbo. seriously... if you're throwing down $1500, mind as well make it $2000... i can have a custom built turbo made for less than $1500, but then the R&D will interfere with school... so i'm staying NA for now.

for a full standalone, full pnp and extra things included fully tuned for the protege it will obviously be more expensive then say a haltech unit. My main question is though, is it worth the 700 dollar difference if it is priced around 2K?

nah...maybe the race version should be close to 2K....full stand alone.
I wouldnt pay more than 1200 for a PnP system.

but, lets not talk about numbers...

At least I want to see pictures, videos and dynos.

wrd. this sounds great. i'll be buying it next spring for sure! just gimme 240whp kthx :)

Good job TPW & WM! i can't wait for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back