MP3, MSP and P5 Engine Management solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfworks

:
2003 EVO 8 2002 Pro5
Hello All,
Well It took a while but here we are. Andy Wagner And I feel comfortable that we can shed some light on some very interesting new products we have to offer to this community. This thread will focus mainly on the Engine Management aspect of performance upgrades for the protege.
We are well aware that many vendors and marketers will be very interested in this post because there have been some "leaks" as to what kind of product we are developing. I couldnt even begin to tell about the amout of PM and emails I have received.
We will only go into specifics that we feel will not jeopordize our joint venture.
As you all know TPW and Wagner motorsports have been working together on many projects. From the protege to the Current Evo 8 project we have just finished up. We have noticed that the Modern protege community has been overlooked for too long when it comes to proper tuning tools for the enduser and vendor. Thru the next few days we will outline these products that we have available, along with price and availability. Feel free to ask any questions you like and we will respond in an orderly and appropriate manner.
There have been many attempts, with various electronic equipment on the market, to reach a level of satisfactory performance for the Protege enthusiast. To date There are very few that have shown any progress with REAL control over the entire fuel and ignition spectrum, while still maintaining the normal ECU output function efficiently.
We will be introducing, in the next two to three weeks, results from our R&D car. Our Protege 5 will have been tuned for NA and FI.
We are configuring one of the most powerful tuning tools on the market today. Version 1.03 AEM PnP.
Now like I stated earlier, there are many different versions we will offer to the community and the public as a whole. A few of them will be: Standalone, Parallel and Race versions.
There will be many more SUB versions also. We will go into detail about the various steps upon inquiry from the forum members.
For Example, the "race" versions will incorporate software and hardware upgrades. This is for those who chose to get the most control over the system by NOT utilizing the STOCK ecu for anything. Just an all out performance oriented unit with set parameters for high output only.
I am giving some general statements here because some are not familiar with what a standalone EMS can and will do.
At this time I would like to clarify a few things before some questions and assumptions are made.
First this venture between Wagner and I has been in the making for some time now. About 9 months of hard work to bring this to the table. Our opinion in the matter was not to compete in price wars and pissing contests. Our belief is that we need to bring the most powerful and best quality components to the market. We dont want the hassles of, "well we can get by with this and this has a greater profit margin" and so on. We just want to provide the best we can so as to have a promising endresult.
This unit is not comparitive to a Greddy or and other "piggyback" system. The price will not be also. I would love for the unit to cost around the same price, but in reality it isn't possible. I just want to get this out of the way now.
Second, Our decision to approach AEM and to use their particular system was based on many things. Ease of software use by the enduser and tuner, the ability to account for EVERY possible output the car needs and more, their configurable inputs and outputs so as not to have to go with aftermargket "GM" sensors, Available tech support by REAL engineers at your disposal, and price.
This unit provides the enduser with the most satisfaction and control per dollar than any other unit we looked at.

Unfortunately AEM did not have any plans to market a unit for the model year protege we are focused on and needed. After many negotiations and R&D we have come to an agreement. We will have a unit specifically calibrated for the Protege. We (Wagner and I) are doing all the R&D and Labor to make this a reality. AEM has left the marketing and development of this unit soley to us. It can only be purchased thru our two companys. We have and will continue to set up our tech support line to help with ANY questions with the unit for vendors and privateers.
As I have stated earlier we will answer any question we can on the item. We will also use this thread to announce other tuning "tools" we will offer as a package to the unit or separately.
Pricing for the unit is still up in the air. We WILL have structured pricing as to HOW the unit will be used. As a Piggy "style" enhancer or other versions.
Post your questions and we can go from there.
Thanks for your time.

So when you say "piggy style", this will not be a "plug and Play" system such as the one offered for the Miata and Evo.?

thats all I have for now.

herbieP5 said:
So when you say "piggy style", this will not be a "plug and Play" system such as the one offered for the Miata and Evo.?

thats all I have for now.
NO every unit will be completely PnP. NO tapping or slicing . Just unplug your stock ECU. And use the appropriate Harness provided. That will utilize both the new and old EMS in parallel. You could say that Parallel and "Piggy Style" are the same terms in regards to this application.

Thanks for clearing that up. this is the best news I have heard since getting my car.

the only thing really keeping me back was the managment issue.

if I can solve this with a PNP unit. the darkside is looking that much better.

Piggyback to be or not to be...

I am interested in a unit that I would be able to use soley for autocrossing, where as I could plug it in for the race and run stock for my daily driving. Is this possible with any of the configurations that you are developing?

Re: Piggyback to be or not to be...

Coolhand said:
I am interested in a unit that I would be able to use soley for autocrossing, where as I could plug it in for the race and run stock for my daily driving. Is this possible with any of the configurations that you are developing?
Yes, You can PnP when you need to.
It will and can be configured to run the vehicle as you wish.

damn nick u teasin us bad.....when can u have more concrete specs out? like fuctions and all...and these sub packages and upgrades u talk of?? also pricing too :)

Very nice. Has there been R&D for all the models so far or just the P5?

Also could you rate the difficulty of installing and tuning this system. Along with what kind of tools a person would need in order to properly tune with it.

Also a recommendation of supporting mods. for a MSP install of your system.

nick i know we have discussed this before, but what advantages would this PnP aem unit have over the haltech e6x?

-B

wow, this sounds like the way to go. I'm sure the regular NA 2.0's can make a lot of power when not tuned by mazda. This may convince me to go ahead and do the cams, header, intake and exhaust. I was planning on just picking up an MP3 ecu, but this sounds like it will give up more than 10hp on the crank!

Price Nick DAMNIT

if the price stays as far south of $1K, i'm definitely saving up... this is excellent!

Finally, someoe has developed an Engine Management solution for our proteges that works. I give TPW and Wagner Motorsports mad props for this. Can't wait to see what you guys offer in the next couple of months or so. :D

i have a feeling it will be more than 1K . It is tuned specifically for the protege and nick and andrew are doing all the r&d.

-B

wow.....this can't be cost effective to produce (I'm guessing) 10-30hp on a NA motor when you can very safely run a 50hp shot of N20 for $400. $750 or so is about my limit. I don't know if I could justify anymore than that for a daily driven econo-car

This sounds great. I've heard nothing but good things about the AEM PnP series. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it, but for those who can and want to run high boost, it will be a good thing!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back