anyone has an Injen CAI w/ splash shield?

03MSPRO

:
05 Nissan Frontier CC 6 spd
if so, did both the filter and shield fit w/out any cutting? I can't fit the shield over the filter to lack of room. There is a bumper bracket in the way. What should I do to make it fit? thanks

Hey guys, I have the Injen CAI with the splash shield. I have never had a problem with it fitting, but it is really really close. You have to get the filter covered by the splash guard on pretty much just right for it to work, but if you get it, you should be totally fine without any special cutting, etc. The easiest way to do the filter install is to take out all the plastic screws for the plastic wheel well covering, all the way up the side to the top of the well and then get the few screws located on the underbody of the car, just in front of the wheel well. If you get them all, the plastic piece can be easily pulled back and you can get the filter in, covered by the heat shield, and will have the room to fiddle around with the positioning to get it just right. This approach also works well because the screw you need to twist to tighten the shield can be turned to face the opening where the wheel well plastic cover should be. This will give you easy turning of the screw and easy manuvering of the filter/shield combo to get it to fit in the narrow space.

My guard is oriented with the full shielded side facing towards the only place where water could splash from - the hole between underbody sections towards the middle of the engine bay compartment (If you look around down there you will know what I mean, there is only one opening). As the shielded side is facing that hole, I have the unshielded section facing the side wall between the wheel well and the bumper lense light.

Back