You think the MSP has issues?

I still don't understand all the bitching about quality in the MSP that goes on around here. I know there are problems but I can't imagine what some of the Spaz's on this site would do if the owned a truely "troublesome" car. Go buy my old cars and then you will see problems.

Nice link BTW. The old report on the American cars is worth checking out too.

Hey, there are definatly issues with the MSP, but they are very small, Warrenty issues, nothing major. Hey, I forget which ford it was, that when you went over 180km/h, the wheels fell off. Hey, atlesat we don't have that problem. I LOVE MY MAZDASPEED, and no matter what small issues it has, it's still awesome. I used to drive my Grandparents Cavalier alot, a 96 bone stock, with auto tranny, you want issues, there is some issues. Curently it's being fixed cause the A/C is stuck on.

MazdaDryvr said:
well, it's never left me at the side of the road. ;)

I've never had ANY Mazda leave me stranded on the side of the road. Hell, I even drove my RX-7 50 miles home when I blew the apex seal on the rear rotor!

I have now owned two Mazdas and never had any significant issues with either my P5 or the MSP. I will be a loyal Mazda customer for years to come. :)

i owned a brand new (my first new car) 1972 vega. within a year the rear quarters had rusted through and i had replace the engine three time. they (GM) finally put steel sleeves in the alum block and the engine ran for another 8 years until my brother blew up the motor (ran out of oil and kept driving). what a piece of crap that car was!

I bought a brand new 1987 Grand AM SE. Really nice car but....It was a lemon! Every thing went wrong with that car. In the year and a half I owned it , the car accrued more that 4000 in warranty repairs. It was in the shop more than on the road. And it left me stranded more than once. So , the minor issues with the MSP dont faze me. :)

Ha thats funny. Because my first mazda has me stranded at work as we speak because its ebrake is stuck on on the drivers side.

heh, glad I don't have yours. :D Probably bringing bad karma on myself for that remark. :eek:

My wife had a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE, which fell apart a 100,000 miles, mostly expressway driving. Got her a new Hyundai Elantra with a warranty through the roof. :D

Yes I dont think it is the ebrake stuck. As it turns about a quarter turn and wont turn anymore. O well another hour or so wait and roadside will be here.

Back