i'm trapped!

homar

:
MSP Titanium Grey
Well, my car has stayed put for 2 days due to 6 inches of snow. I know the main roads are plowed, but my little street is still white instead of black. It's about 1/8 mile down a slight hill to pavement.

Question is, do I try to get out?

P.S. I know I'm dumb for not getting winter tires. That won't happen next year.

Just stay in bud. It's gonna ice tonight 1/2 inch of it to be exact. I'm out now, but the roads weren't THAT bad. The worst thing was getting out of my subdivision.

All I can say is you East Coast fools are pansies. Suck it up. Whenever there's the smallest little bit of snow on the East Coast, the rest of us have to hear all about how terrible a winter it is and oh how you're suffering.

I'm gonna let you in on a little something here. Northern Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the UP of Michigan (among many other places) get more snow damn near each night than you do all winter and you don't hear a damn thing about it. Duluth, MN woke up to 2 feet of snow yesterday and all there was about that was a little scroll on the news ticker saying they got "record snowfall". You guys get one storm your way and it's all we hear about all night long. Then there's a news special running for the rest of the week on the East Coast's terrible winter. You'd think Al Qaeda all of a sudden controlled the weather and our national security was at risk. I went to college in the UP of Michigan - we regularly went weeks straight with 6-8 inches of snow every night - there was a damned blizzard during my gradution ceremony. I never once missed a day of school for snow or cold weather. They send little kids to school if it's anything above -20F REAL temperature.

Bottom line is: quit your bitching, stop crying for your mommy, and go to work/school. Recognize that the conditions are downgraded a bit and don't drive like an asshole maniac.

Last edited:
don't run the stock MSP rubber in the snow, you'll either kill yourself or the poor schmuck you crash into. Take the bus, walk, whatever.

it wasnt bad where i am, but now it just keeps snowing, and snowing, and snowing.......

I agree, don't try it. We are having snow and ice here in NC, and I tried to get out of my apartment complex with no luck. So my speed is parked till all this crap is over. Between me and my two roommates we have one car that will go through this stuff, the corvette and the speed are both parked and we are forced to drive the civic!!

PatrickP5 said:
All I can say is you East Coast fools are pansies. Suck it up. Whenever there's the smallest little bit of snow on the East Coast, the rest of us have to hear all about how terrible a winter it is and oh how you're suffering.

I'm gonna let you in on a little something here. Northern Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the UP of Michigan (among many other places) get more snow damn near each night than you do all winter and you don't hear a damn thing about it. Duluth, MN woke up to 2 feet of snow yesterday and all there was about that was a little scroll on the news ticker saying they got "record snowfall". You guys get one storm your way and it's all we hear about all night long. Then there's a news special running for the rest of the week on the East Coast's terrible winter. You'd think Al Qaeda all of a sudden controlled the weather and our national security was at risk. I went to college in the UP of Michigan - we regularly went weeks straight with 6-8 inches of snow every night - there was a damned blizzard during my gradution ceremony. I never once missed a day of school for snow or cold weather. They send little kids to school if it's anything above -20F REAL temperature.

Bottom line is: quit your bitching, stop crying for your mommy, and go to work/school. Recognize that the conditions are downgraded a bit and don't drive like an asshole maniac.

I'm glad you're superior to everyone on the east coast. Unfortunately, your argument falls apart within your argument. Do you know why a lot of snow isn't a big deal there? As you said, it happens a lot. Of course everyone is going to be used to it.

I may have been trolled, but that's ok. I hope you can find a more constructive way to vent your misguided anger.

It doesn't make the news if nobody lives there, dude. Snows a lot in the Himalayas, but who cares. NYC, DC and Boston are all great big, crowded, congested metro areas. Northern Minnesota is not. There are a zillion cars, most folks don't know how to deal and aren't properly equipped with snows or any common sense, for that matter. Causes big problems.

rocketspeed said:
. There are a zillion cars, most folks don't know how to deal and aren't properly equipped with snows or any common sense, for that matter. Causes big problems.

Exactly! Lots of people that haven't had any experience with driving in the snow. Very dangerous. It amazing how stupid the drivers are in this weather. Still going over the speed limit and tailgaiting. I've been run off the road like 4 times in two days. One time this dumbass was PASSING a car and I had to pull off. This is on snow covered roads!

Oh, and these Maryland mororns!

snow tow

Last edited:
DONT TRY IT!! seriously.. i had the most traumatizing exp.. haha well kinda.. but.. i couldnt brake.. the car wouldnt turn.. i was hitting curbs and banks of snow like i wanted to.. man.. it was crazy.. so just some advice.. dont _ _;;

PatrickP5 said:

Ditto. I was born in Denver, moved to Minnesnowta when I was 10. I was there for 6 years and got ONE day off school and that was because I was kept home, school was still open. My first year here in Maryland got 6+ days off for snow. I think that was the year MD finally realized they *shocker* got snow in the winter then friggin' MoCo stopped closing their schools while the rest of the state had off. :mad: When I went back to visit some friends in MN around '93ish by the time I got there, Dec 11th, they'd had 52 inches of snow. 52 inches!!! Of course not all at once but still. Despite all this in some ways I'm glad MD is a pussy when it comes to snow, I did enjoy my day off yesterday! :D

i drive through that amount of snow and more each winter. the car drives fine. often it's the driver that you need to take into consideration. if you don't feel comfortable and don't have the experiance in that weather, stay home, wait it out. you don;t want to be the cause of an accident for you or others!

Back