Confusion???

:
MSP
My head is gonna explode from doing searches and listening to people b*tch at each other in the main forum. So Im scared to even post in there anymore. Anywhoo....have any of you guys/gals put on an exhaust that still uses a cat (maybe hi flow) and doesnt get ya tickets? Ive been trying to find something. People say that Ion's has a nice deep growl but the website doesnt have anything done. Anyways thanks alot....:)

Dustin....

say is laura in the Military or something?

Wagner sells a midpipe and hi flow cat combination. I use a racing beat exhaust from the catalytic back, and there is a sedan version of the exhaust, i just don't think it will bolt up to the mazdaspeed. apex motorsports had an exhaust, i thought. i'd check now but the site is down :(

www.apexr1.com

in our wonderful state, as long as your car has OBD2 and has no codes in the ECU you will pass

you could have black rancid smoke pouring from your tail pipe and you would pass emissions

Aricjm15 said:
in our wonderful state, as long as your car has OBD2 and has no codes in the ECU you will pass

you could have black rancid smoke pouring from your tail pipe and you would pass emissions

Even with our new and improved testing stations where they wind out your car to 6800 rpm on their little psuedo dyno to see if it'll cough up a rod?

they dont even put the sniffer on it, just plug in a scan tool and see if it has any codes, no codes and you are good to go

Well I would rather have an exhaust that is ok and passes emissions than have no cat and sound like the "40 year old woman with 8 kids in her chevy celebrity with no muffler".........and I know you all know what Im talkin about lol

I just want to have a deeper sound with out the bumble bee sound. Performance is great but I dont want to hassle with not knowing if Im gonna pass emissions or not. My friend says that a muffler alone would give a gain of about 8 hp? I dont know if that is true or not. I seen that Greddy has a system. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks again

get a turbo back, no cats, just get a really nice resonator, even if the exhaust system you have does have a resonator, the second will give it a deeper sound, and just having the turbo wil gurantee that your car does not sound like a civic with a rice can on the back, get the MIL eliminator and your car is 100% emissions legal

Aricjm15 said:
get a turbo back, no cats, just get a really nice resonator, even if the exhaust system you have does have a resonator, the second will give it a deeper sound, and just having the turbo wil gurantee that your car does not sound like a civic with a rice can on the back, get the MIL eliminator and your car is 100% emissions legal

Really? I would have thought that with no cats you wouldnt be able to pass emissions. Huh.. cool.. So which brand do you suggest?

Ion is a member of the forums, feel free to contact them anytime, they've always been really good with me... I think the screenname is "ION_Performance" happy hunting :D

Apex and Ion make full 3 inch turbo back systems. You will need to purchase a MIL eliminator to trick the ECU so it does not throw a check engine light when it sees that the catalytic convertor is gone. Otherwise any decent muffler shop can make a custom exhaust system to your spec for a very reasonable price.

I'm thinking of getting into the GB for the EssentialSPEED eader that retains both stock cats. Do you guys think that this may be a waste of $ unless I change out the cats to less restrictive ones?

Back