gauging interest in Cape Cod Cruise/RIU weekend

:
07 F150 HD
so as I begin to put together some sort of list of events for NEPOC for the coming seasons I had an idea for combining a couple of them into one, and I wanted to run it past you guys to see what you think.

We will be having a meet, hopefully a big one, on May 22, at RevItUp which is actually being held in south weymouth this year at the south weymouth naval air station.

Another thing I really want to do this summer is have fun runs/cruises where we all go for cruises in a huge pack of proteges on some scenic and/or windy roads. One of the places I was hoping to have multiple such cruises is along the coast.

So I have this idea of combining the two, and having a meet Saturday during the day at RIU, and then saturday afternoon/evening/night (hopefully a while before dark) we all take off and cruise out to cape cod which is pretty close to south weymouth, spend the night on the cape, then cruise the next day around the cape which I think has some pretty cool roads, and probably some places to eat/photo shoot/chill. I think motel rooms would be pretty cheap since its off season and traffic should be light for the same reason, but hopefully, late may, the weather will be great.

Obviously a bring your friend/significant other yadda yadda event that I think could be a lot of fun and a nice kickoff to NEPOC

lemme know if you think this is a good idea or if it might be a little too large a dose of protege for one weekend ;)

Last edited:
The cape cod thing sounds like a cool idea, although it's too far away for me to know if I would do the second day thing.

We should have a list of possible cruise routes that we could pick from whenever we feel the need. I wouldn't mind driving up to other states to enjoy some quality twisty roads.

Gbourdon said:
Yep yep. I want to get on the track at rev it up
Spicy, me and 3 of my friends are already signed up for the 22nd with group 20 (thumb)

c'mon people, get on the ball!!

I'm down for it all. I am looking forward to some fun runs and meets. We just gotta get through the snow first. There is a rallycross coming up real soon in Dalton NH may be next weekend. I need to get my fix so I may head up for that.

sorry if im new at this so when u people are talkin about signing up for a group you mean that youll be driving the tracks right?!...what if you wanna just GO and be like a spectator cuz i dont trust my self in nice cars like thw ones thier site showed....do i have to be in a group for that as well?! :confused:

If you want to be a spectator it's free. I just signed up to be in Group 20 5/22 WOOT!!

It's all new to mee too but its only 40 bucks I;m going in head first. Hopefully I'll have some Auto X time in by then too.

Nice!!

xxmikkoxx, the group thing for the rev it up is just the time you get to do your competing. Group 20 starts at 1:20pm, group 1 starts at 7am, and so forth. You should participate. If you can drive a car then you can do this. Last rev it up was my first time autoxing and I was fine.

Mazda sets this up so you can't really damage their cars. The worse you'll do is spin out of a curve and hit some cones, no damage done. Get some friends and get them to come with you, makes competing even more fun!

I'd be down for the Next day cruise on the cape too. I just gotta find some Huss to ride shotgun. That could be a great weekend

I'm down, it sounds like fun. Don't know what kinda shape I'll be in though...maybe just out of surgury around that time. I'll have to play it by ear(hear ya)

im glad you guys all like this idea.

since we are starting to organize so early, this could really turn out to be a hell of a weekend..

and jesse, you can always have the woman drive if ur just outta surgery :)

sounds good and EZ at least i know that i REALLY cant mess up thier cars...i may just do it......but all the people i know are wet blankets and are not into the whole car craze....oh well thanks for the info cbcbd!!!!

I can't sign up for rev it up cause im out 17. so ghey!!! But I will more than likely be there and if school permits I will go with you guys out to the cape.

Chris

Back