Intercooler piping

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Does anyone have or know of the exact dimensions of the stock MSP intercooler piping? A photo of the parts would be helpful as well.

I contacted the people at www.turbohoses.com, and they need specific measurements and a photo for their R&D department.

They should be able to supply us with something for our MSP's.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It looks like they might even be looking for an MSP to use as a guinea pig. There is a request at the bottom right of the page. Wish I lived in Cali...

Yeah, I would loan my car to be used for R&D! I'll just measure the the pipes and calculate how many bends are needed. Any silicone connector of the proper diameter should work. I think the size needed would be a 2" feed intercooling pipe and a 2.5" intake intercooler pipe. I want to keep my INJEN CAI in the loop to. I'd rather make my own set up, rather than buy a kit that cost too much. Turbohoses has all the right stuff. I just stumbled on to their site.

Keep on boosting!

Check it out! They have a pipe kit coming out soon. Big Up to them. Every MSP owner can benefit from replacing the stock set up. Hopefully, they will be priced more reasonable than the few other kits already available.

WE NEED MORE COMPANY'S TO MANUFACTURE PARTS FOR MSP'S!

FYI:

We have finished the intercooler hard pipe for the Protoge as of today and a proto-type cold air intake that is extremely unique as far as it's hardware components.
This kit will be released within the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Hoover
www.Turbohoses.com
Super Silicone Hoses
R&D Dyno Lab
P:925-968-0193
F:925-968-0430

Hoover, OUTSTANDING! I posted something on the Mazdaspeed Forum about your company's products on 1-19-04. I posted your response today. The kit will be a winner with the MSP owners. The plastic factory piping is crap. What kind of price can be expected for both the hard pipe kit and CAI? It was smart to come out with both. Can you share any dyno numbers after testing them on a Mazdaspeed?

Thanks for the prompt responses and the news. I look forward to using your products. This is great!

Glad to be of service.

Some info. for you:

Our piping will be polished T-6 aluminum, it is all 2" piping. The piping to the TB was designed so that most of the bends are removed. We are also using convoluted hoses vs. the standard connectors because of the plastic ic end tanks. The convoluted hoses will allow for rocking motion of the engine which will ultimately crack the end tanks.

Our intake uses a very "large" filter element and mounting flange that is not common on most vehicles. Next week we will be testing cold air vs. short ram and have a baseline complete.

Because we mfg. our own hoses, piping etc... we can be extremely competitive with the masses.

Please stay tuned.

Thank you,

Hoover
www.Turbohoses.com
Super Silicone Hoses
R&D Dyno Lab
P:925-968-0193
F:925-968-0430

Awesome info!

For a second there I thought you either had a split personality or you worked for the company and were doing a bad job of hiding it. Put quotes around emails and put something like "Email from Hoover at Turbo Hoses:" in front of it.

Keep up on the updates! I can't wait to see what they come out with. The only thing that's stopping me from upgrading my piping and intercooler is the high price.

Just a car nut! No split personality. I just want to improve my MSP and relay some information to any other MSP owners wanting the same thing.

I hear you on pricing. It should not be too hard to fabricate a system. But I want to see what these guys have to offer before going that route.

I here you Jersey....not at that price. I am not happy at all after thinking that some hope exist. I think its still less expensive than Essential speed and ION. Not sure. HKS stuff does not cost that much. Perhaps they can work on something or a MSP'er will have one made that any machine shop in your area can make!

Oh, well...

^---

I wonder what that VS does for the system... it might caust more air turblence. I had a Vel. stack system from Stillen on my Maxima, and I actually got worse gas mileage, and really no increase in performance (butt dyno that is)

*edit*
actually when I put the stock box back in w/ a K&N Air Filter, it ran better.

Back