Mazdspeed 3 unveiled!!!!!!!

:
10 MS3
From the Tokyo Auto Salon:

tas2004088.jpg

There will be a Mazdaspeed 3, I was finally convinced yesterday, not by this picture but by something else.

Any speculation on what this new Mazdaspeed will have. Word is from online sources it should be released in mid 2004.

Grrr! I so hoped for something better. Why don't they have Kenstyle do the body work for them? Their's is still the only 3 that I could see myself buying (i.e. buying a 3 and adding their kit and grill).

BTW what is the other info. that convinced you?

Your right, I still can't get it through my thick skull how Mazda didn't make a Mazdaspeed P5 :( . Anyway, I think I might breakdown for one of these, maybe.

That is not going to be the US version of the the Mazdaspeed3. Mazdaspeed has traditionally done A-spec and B-spec parts for almost every car released in Japan.

Stuff we have never gotten here.

Mazdaspeed US will be doing something different than the picture above.

That is not going to be the US version of the the Mazdaspeed3. Mazdaspeed has traditionally done A-spec and B-spec parts for almost every car released in Japan.

I hope your right. I kind of want the sedan to be the next Mazdaspeed.

As far as the other piece of evidence, It'll be posted in my sig. It's basically a Magnetic decal(like the type you put on the fridge) that says "Mazdaspeed 3". There is other stuff besides that I am pretty sure I am not allowed to talk about.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they elevated the hood line and swept it into the A-pilar on the hatch. I'm not a huge fan of either 3 but the sedan gets my vote out of the two because of the smooth hoodline. Every time I see the hatch I think a PT Cruiser and a Matrix got it on.

You're right Stutters we won't see that one over here. I am just hoping this time they'll do it right and offer MazdaSpeed versions of both the sedan and the hatch. It's not fair how the P5 got left out last time and it'll suck if they only make a hatch version this time. Although I have the feeling that's what will happen.

RODSCALIP5 said:
There other stuff besides that I am pretty sure I am not allowed to talk about.

Uh oh, well if RODS stops posting we'll know what happened. You thought all Mazda did was troll our forum. Not even the half of it. Enter the Mazda Ninjas!

I know there is someone amongst the crowd that has connections and information. Mine is not coming from Mazda, but it is very, very reliable. Ill leave it at that :D .

RODSCALIP5 said:
I hope your right. I kind of want the sedan to be the next Mazdaspeed.

As far as the other piece of evidence, It'll be posted in my sig. It's basically a Magnetic decal(like the type you put on the fridge) that says "Mazdaspeed 3". There other stuff besides that I am pretty sure I am not allowed to talk about.

Well, we will see. If Mazda sends the AWD monster that has been rumored, I think it'll be in the wagon. Just my thought.

And notice the plate on that car says "Axela." So, Mazdaspeed already has Axela body stuff. I wonder what they have for suspension and go fast stuff.

AutoEXE and KenStyle have some nice looking kits for the Mazda3 sedan and wagon. And AutoEXE has some suspension goodies too.

Rods, I got a RElaiable source at MAzdaspeed NA. :D and said to me at SEMA. "No more 4 door veichles are slated to be released by Mazdaspeed in the US."

What made the front end of the Protege 5 so good: Big foglights and a big lower grille. They've abandoned that design, though. :(

Boost, so a 5 door maybe?

Anyways, I hope the jesus they don 't make a hatch Mazdaspeed only.....please for the love of god no!

My plan all along was to trade the MSP in 2005 for a SEDAN Mazdaspeed.

Back