keyless entry

Guys,

When I start the car and let it idle for let's say 5 minutes and I try unlocking the doors with the second remote while the car is running it doesn't work...I have to use the key. Is this normal?

Found that out the hard way last winter. My girlfriend went outside to start my car before work to get the windshield clean and warm it up while i was in the shower. She said she locked the doors because she didn't want anyone to steal it, but it was ok since she had my other keyless. I told her that if the car was running, one of the keyless safety features is that you can't use it. Lucky me, esp. since I had recently bought the car and the dealer couldn't locate the other key, so I had no 2nd key. I had to wait over an hour for AAA to show up and jimmy open my door.

The car must've been warm!

I was thinking about that...if I didn't have the second key i'd be screwed. I've seen other cars that the keyless entry works while the car is runnnig.

Thanks for the thread dan.

That sucks...guess I missed the other thread. I leave my running in my driveway hoping no one will take it.

Back